Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rockshox poploc sticking
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

The poploc on my revelations is a wee bit sticky. When I push the button to unlock it the cable sticks out from the remote and I have to move the blue bit on top of the fork by hand. Any ideas hoe I can fix this? I’ve cleaned the cable which looked fine so I’m a bit stumped about what to do next.

Cheers

Mike

yodagoat
    Free Member

The bike never came with a manual for the fork either 🙁

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Same problem on my Revs. Issue appears to be the adjuster on the top of the fork leg which has become jammed up inside with dirt.

Think it’s just a case of taking off the top cap of that leg and cleaning it all up. Just haven’t got round to doing it yet.

yodagoat
    Free Member

You recon its quite easy to take it apart and clean it? I didn’t want to do mine before I got some advice.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yeah, should be easy enough. There’s no air pressure or anything that’s likely to be easily damaged in that leg.

You can download the fork manual off the rockshox site, will have an exploded diagram in it and probably some serviing information.

duntstick
    Free Member

Get a diagram, as you’ll find there are a few bearings mounted on springs under the cap IIRC.

yodagoat
    Free Member

any linky’s to the diagram/manual? I’m not having too much luck finding it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is the fork still under warranty?

yodagoat
    Free Member

Aye, but it probably just needs a wee clean. I doubt the problem would be considered for a warranty claim.

duntstick
    Free Member

Quickfix for me was to just flush the crud out with wd40

yodagoat
    Free Member

duntstick – did you have to take any parts off?

duntstick
    Free Member

No, just up-ended the bike and squirted through under the top cap.
    It was supposed to be a quick fix prior to cleaning it, as I due to go out on a ride, but never had to do anything with it again.

duntstick
    Free Member

Yodagoat, probably worth taking a look at this video. It shows you what’s underneath that topcap.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb0MPls2Vyw&feature=related[/video]

LoCo
    Free Member

The moco assmebly will be different to the one in the video above, as the spring is housed in the moco unit itself. The most likely cause of the sticking is dirt down inside the top cap on the ‘umbrella’ seal, or dirt under the blue spool dial on the outside of the fork.

To properly clean everything you’ll need to strip the MoCo which is relativly easy, have a look at the link below which will be a similar assembly apart from the return spring which is situated about half way down the silver shaft and Moco body take a visual reference on this before you remove the top cap off the MoCo unit itself.

Any problems drop me a mail.

Repair Leaking Pike Motion Control

yodagoat
    Free Member

thanks for all that guys!

Mike

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with my Reba’s, when I finally stripped down the MoCo unit (easy to do) I discovered the spring that returns the valve to it’s open position had given up and didn’t have enough “spring” left in it to fully open the valve with out a bit of manual intervention i.e. reaching down and turning by hand.

I decided to remove the spring completely (easy to do) and replace the adjuster on the top cap with a manual adjuster ordered from LBS. I am now much happier with the forks as they are now lighter, less clutter on the bars and I can finally set the slow speed compression adjustment mid range instead of either open, closed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox poploc sticking’ is closed to new replies.