Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rockshox pike air tokens Q
  • jimr80
    Free Member

Can some one explain in laymen’s terms what effect fitting the air token has on the forks in regard of set-up and feel on the trail.
    I understand that by fitting them they slight reduce the air volume within the forks. So by doing this does this make the fork more sensitive to small bump but more supportive through the rest of the travel.
    The reason I ask is that I have them fitted to a 5 spot. They came with 2 tokens but none installed. With the forks set at approx 28-30% sag on descents they seem to sit low in there travel. i have tried sorting using the LSC and also by increasing the sag a little with a bit more air , but neither of these is ideal..
    If its of any help i weigh approx 12 1/2 stone full suited.

kimbers

similar weight to you (well bit more actually)

fitted both to mine i found they helped sit a bit higher in travel but biggest benefit was not bottoming on really big hits

they are so easy to fit/remove that its worth trying it out

si66
    Free Member

As I understand it , they make the spring rate more progressive.
    In effect you can run the forks with the usual sag without blowing through the travel when you hit something a bit harder
    I run mine with the recommended air pressure and both tokens in
    They’re very supple on small stuff and only rarely get to full travel
    Definitely try them

daveh
    Free Member

Yep, that’s it. Set your air pressure to get the recommended sag. Ride. If you find you’re blowing thru the travel on bigger hits, add tokens. Effectively setting the correct sag should ensure you have small bump compliance, the tokens should ensure that the fork isn’t too soft if you’re a radder and/or heavier rider.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox pike air tokens Q’ is closed to new replies.