• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Bolt.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox Pike 2016 Rebound issues
  • goyawave
    Free Member

Hi,

I can’t adjust the rebound on my Pikes. I have taken the rebound knob off and cleaned it up. There is quite bit of corrosion damage to the hex. I can turn the rebound 3 full turns with a 2.5mm allen key without friction and the rebound seems to be doing its job. However, when i put the rebound hex in, i can only get about plus/minus quarter turn with quite a bit of friction.

Anyone else had this? Is there a fix or should I return under warranty?

Thanks

goyawave
    Free Member

Anyone?

otsdr
    Free Member

The good news is the issue seems to be related to one of these parts:

Can you try removing the O-ring on the outside of the shaft bolt and the set screw of the adjuster button?
    Does the spring under the detent ball in the button work correctly?

goyawave
    Free Member

Cheers, i’ll try and get back to you.

goyawave
    Free Member

Cheers, i’ll try and get back to you.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Will be the 2.5mm hex on the red adjuster grabbing the rebound needle. Bet it turns easily with a 2.5mm allen key instead of the adjuster.

goyawave
    Free Member

Sure does, full 3 turns with the allen key only. Haven’t a chance to try otsdr suggestion yet but will do.

goyawave
    Free Member

So.. spring under detent ball works fine. However, removing o ring and grub screw does not make a jot of difference. Not sure what is going on at interface between hex key and bolt where a 2.5mm allen key works fine!

Bolt

Possibly the grub screw on the adjuster catching the foot Bolt, I have had this before.
    If you push the adjuster in toward the fork while tightening the grub screw it may help to position it.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Pike 2016 Rebound issues’ is closed to new replies.