Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RockShox Monarch shock knocking / movement
  • olixmb4x
    Free Member

Hi
    Ive had a very irritating knocking noise coming from my shock for a month or two. Ive traced it to the monarch rt3 shock, it seems to be 1-2mm or so play in the shock itself before it compresses. – If i put my hand round the shaft and body i feel the play at the seal – (if that makes sense!)

I originally thought shock bushes or frame bearings but these have all recently been replaced (frame is an El Guapo).

Has anybody experienced anything similar – is the shock due a service? ~ 9 months old
    thanks

olixmb4x
    Free Member

i should also note that once into its travel the shock performs fine, and this occurs with and without air in the shock, on all 3 preload settings and at high / low speed rebound

gonzy
    Free Member

not sure how much use the shock has had but it sounds like its due a service and the seals needs replacing

benpinnick

If its not a debonair have you tried screwing the can back in (sorry if thats obvious).

olixmb4x
    Free Member

hmm yes I do think it might need servicing,
    it started to do this after a few days riding in Scotland,

Interesting you should mention screwing in the aircan – when the noise started happening i noticed the aircan seemed to twist easier than it should, at the time the shock was warm and it seems to be tighter now so thought nothing of it..maybe il have another look

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RockShox Monarch shock knocking / movement’ is closed to new replies.