• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leku.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • RockShox Monarch rear shock – more or less spacers?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Have RockShox Monarch RT3 on the back of my Jeffsy. With sag correct at 30% I bottom out far too easily. Add more air and I have less than 20% sag.

So am I right in thinking I need to add more bands / spacers?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yep.

Leku
    Free Member

cool. i shall have a tinker.

zippykona

A handy hint I picked up was to put some spacers on the outside of the shock while it’s off. That way you can just pull the outer off and add bands in no time at all.

blastit
    Free Member

Four fitted as standard on my Jeff , same as you bottoming out at 30% sag so made some out of an inner tube to equal 2 ish spacers and popped them in , will test this pm.

Leku
    Free Member

Can you do it with the shock in place?

carlos
    Free Member

I found additional air and bands works for me. Just bands made it feel a bit harsh

Sag now at 25% and 2 bands. Not on a Jeffsy though

benpinnick

Can you do it with the shock in place?

Yes you can, but only when its good and clean though, and I’d probably not use bands that had been on the outside of the shock though! You need to keep that inside canister nice and clean… unless you want to toast your shock…

jamesoz

What Ben said, I have a band on the outside of my shock and there is no way it’s going back in until it’s clean. I have no problem taking them out in situ but putting the back in is asking for a big bill.

Leku
    Free Member

Anyone want to go halfs on a pack?

£15 for 5 and I only want 2.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I may have a couple Leku, I’ll have a look tomoro.

Leku
    Free Member

Cheers. Happy to sort that fridge out in exchange..

nickc

With sag correct at 30%

Sag percentage is only a guide…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘RockShox Monarch rear shock – more or less spacers?’ is closed to new replies.