• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • rockshox monarch air valve
  • sleigh62
    Free Member

Can anyone help?

I need a replacement air valve for my Rockshox Monarch 3.1

Does anyone know where you can get them from?

Thanks

Steve

carlosg
    Free Member

If it’s just the internal bit of the valve thats gone use one out of an old schreader valved innertube, I used one on a fox float shock and it worked fine.

sleigh62
    Free Member

thanks carlosg but the original valve snapped in the shock body … it’s been removed so will need the whole lot.

Thanks anyway

therevokid
    Free Member

surely if it’s been removed then all you need, as carlos pointed out, is the
    Schrader valve core ????

sleigh62
    Free Member

no … the whole lot spanned off so I ‘m pretty sure just the schrader valve core wont do the trick as then the shock pump has nothing to screw onto … need something like this but everyone seems to be out of stock

http://www.mountainbikebitz.com/rockshox-mountain-bike-swivel-air-valve-monarch-2010-p-19907.html

wiggles
    Free Member

Pretty much any bike shop should be able to find out if they are available/in stock from fishers (assuming they have an account),

sleigh62
    Free Member

thanks wiggles … will ask at the lbs

zedz
    Free Member

I had the same issue last year. I had to order the full service kit. I seem to remember I got a cheapish one somewhere. The swivel valve has a bit of a design fault as you tend to put pressure on it as you operate the pump and it starts to leak or snaps.

Try ebay etc. If I find the place I’ll post it here 🙂

zedz
    Free Member

Here you go… TFT

http://www.tftuned.com/monarch-service-kit-basic/p1312

Bit pricey though 😕 I seem to remember I got one cheap from Korea, but it was over a year ago and it’s still working on my son’s Attack Trail, which he hammers regularly.

I’d give them a ring and see if they can just supply the valve, or send it for a service? Good luck

sleigh62
    Free Member

zedz

yep … that’s the one … pity its got the rest of the stuff with it as its a bit pricey as you say.

I’ll give them a ring and see.

great stuff, thanks a lot zedz

zippykona

Sleigh if you do find a kit I’ll split it with you as I need seals.

sleigh62
    Free Member

zippykona …

That sound like a good shout.

I’ll do a bit more digging today and if I can’t buy just the valve I’ll see where is the cheapest place for the kit.

Cheers

Steve

LoCo
    Free Member

The valve assms, aren’t available anymore unless you can find olds stock, the bolt is prone to shearing, seals leaking or stripping threads in shock eyelet, not a good design

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘rockshox monarch air valve’ is closed to new replies.