Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rockshox Lyrik rc2l leaking oil from seal after lower service
  • makkag
    Free Member

Collective plea for knowledge here before i start again.

I decided to give a lowers service a go on my forks a few weeks back and all went well after following tutorial and the bike and forks feel buttery smooth. its been out for a few lightish rides which wouldn’t have cycle through the full travel and no issues . but after a hard mornings riding and a few heavy landings at the FOD downhill tracks i now have oil leaking from the left lower seal .. not massive but enough to notice on the fork as dirt residue. I see on the web that sometimes its normal
    after a service but as its only one leg should i strip out and replace seals (I just cleaned last time) also i replaced the seals by hand and a screwdriver could it just be that the black and grey washers have not quite sealed on one side?

Thanks in advance for the help

deadkenny
    Free Member

If you didn’t do the seals then maybe they also needed doing, or do now.

Not sure about it being normal after service to see oil leaking there. I did mine a year ago and seals were okay so I left them in. No oil leaking.

That is until now. Hammering the rocks many time at Bike Park Wales yesterday and noticed towards the end I’m getting an oil leak on the left seal of my Lyriks also (RC2 DH solo air). I had the TF Tuned kit and also have the seals spare so I’m going to do another service and do the seals. Got loads of spare oil now as bought a load more to cover both my bikes.

nuke

you say oil leak but sounds more like just the usual a ring of dirt/oil around stachion; can’t see how it would be an issue, shows there’s oil in there doing its job. Its not like the volume of oil (10ml-ish in lyrik lowers) is critical to function (like in the damper) so as long as the foam rings don’t get dry and you service at the usual service intervals or more regularly if concerned, carry on.

Of course its only a 30min job to drop the lowers so for peace of mind you could check everything is in order

makkag
    Free Member

thanks for the comments bit more than a ring of oil, a fair bit of oil/dirt round the top of the seal as well – will give it a good clean and a run next week and if it continues to weep will drop em off and have a look

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Lyrik rc2l leaking oil from seal after lower service’ is closed to new replies.