Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rockshox Fork issue
  • sworks120
    Free Member

A friend and i have 2009 Rockshox reba and Sid forks on each of our bikes and we notice the tyre sits closer to one side of the fork by about 4-5mm we tried different wheels but the gap stays the same ! Another bike my friend has doesn’t have this problem, Is this normal to be like this ?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

dishing issue on your wheel

scaredypants

unless the legs aren’t vertical it has to be the wheel dish / hub spacing, surely

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

um…i had a similar problem? with marz forks…got it dished…but different wheels that r ok on different forks?

sworks120
    Free Member

Tried 3 wheels on one fork and there all the same ?

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yes! Me too, noticed this on my 2009 Sids.Tried to move wheel to elimate a bit of disc rub.Noticed it will sit perfect with no rub once adjusted.But a few mm to the one side! Don’t know if i should worry?
    Thanx Max

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Problem on Rebas too, I got a set of 2009 replaced on warranty for the same issue. Well known issue over on http://www.mtbr.com, its apparently a problem with the castings on the lowers.

coatesy
    Free Member

Take the wheel out and turn it around, if it still sits to the same side then you know for certain it’s the fork not the wheel.

sworks120
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys and i am sort of glad i am not the only one to have this issue ! I thought i was seeing things when i first noticed it.
    Did try the wheel the other way round and it has the same issue, looks like its back to Sram for a warrenty claim.

sworks120
    Free Member

Local bike shop has been onto Rockshox and they have never seen this problem before !!
    They want to see the forks and i have to pay to send them down !
    Fair enough i will update on there findings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Fork issue’ is closed to new replies.