Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox damper footbolt size?
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I need to source a longer one – the hollow bolt, not the Rebound adjuster.

Any ideas?

trail_rat
    Free Member

the deep drive thin wall 10mm socket your looking for ?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Eh? No… I don’t think so.

I need a longer bolt for the footbolt on the damper side on a pair of Pikes. I’ve moved the damping to the spring leg and vice-versa as the bottom of the spring leg has a thicker casting due to the IS brake mount being incorporated at this point.

I have fitted a Dual Position air spring, reduced to give 130mm-100mm of travel, but this needs to go on the damper side. As a result I need a 5mm longer bolt for the other side to install the damper. I have rebuilt it, but only 2 threads engaged…

So, I need a slightly longer hollow bolt. I could just use a normal bolt and remove it to (carefully) adjust rebound, or drill the middle of the bolt out, or find a longer one.

I’m not certain of the size.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Bump for the evening lot. Anyone got any wisdom to share?

mattjg
    Free Member

no idea, sorry

but if someone can point me to where I can but the 10mm** “deep socket” I need to get the bolt out out of the -ve air on my Reba’s, that would be handy.

** for a bolt 10mm across (diameter), not 10mm sided++

++ which is what I bought from Halfords, doh

slinkybike
    Free Member

I think you are going to struggle to find a hollow bolt to suit. Your idea of undoing and setting the rebound my be the way to go once you have tightened up bolt and then removed it you should be able to adjust it with a allen key without the the rebound rod moving although I would probably flip the bike to do it. I stopped running the red rebound adjusters years ago as I never seem to adjust rebound on fork on the go once I have set them up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox damper footbolt size?’ is closed to new replies.