• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox cock-up – please help.
  • blisterman1962
    Free Member

I’ve just done a service on the lowers and changed the damper oil on my ~2010 RS Revs.
    I’m now finding they wont move down past roughly the last 50mm of travel -something seems to bottom out, but I cannot see what I have / have not done??

Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

jonk

Too much damper oil?

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Too much damper oil?

Thought that, checked it twice….123ml I believe?

tillydog
    Free Member

Too much damper oil?

Thought that, checked it twice….123ml I believe? [/quote]

Rockshox have a chart showing oil *height* as a cross check.

argoose
    Free Member

lower legs 5ml in each. 123ml in damper upper leg

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

OP did you completely take the uppers apart. Thats is to say did you remove the rebound damper out of the leg. If you just removed the compression damper and then tipped the oil out of the leg then I would bet there was oil still left in the leg when you added the 123ml, even if you cycled the rebound damper oil can still be present. This would then cause the problem you are having. Tip out the oil remove the rebound damper and start again.

If you have already done that in the first place then double check the oil levels chart as they differ from year to year not dramatically but enough to cause problems.

blisterman1962
    Free Member

then I would bet there was oil still left in the leg when you added the 123ml

I think you are probably right. I’ve just taken around 15ml out and now getting full travel.

Thanks for the input. 🙂

RicB

I’ll bet you didn’t cycle the damper rod when you emptied the old oil out, which means you’ll have 30ml or so left in there

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox cock-up – please help.’ is closed to new replies.