Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Rockshox Boxxer damaged. Best way to contact sram/rockshox
  • swainy90
    Free Member

Looking for the best way to contact sram/rockshox to show them the damage to see if they are going to take an responsibility for the faulty forks. The forks are just out of the two year warranty but want to send them photos see if they will do anything about it.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Call them – faster and simpler than the website form.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Contact details here for the UK service/warranty centre. http://sramtechcentre.co.uk/

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

First port of call for warranty is the retailer.

legend
    Free Member

I’m just here to see what the damage is….

Rorschach
    Free Member

£5 says it was JRA.

swainy90
    Free Member

Thanks guys I’ll give them a call tomorrow. I don’t know what jra is sorry

oliverracing

jra = just riding along 😆

swainy90
    Free Member

Oh hahaha. The forks are well used as you would expect for a dh fork. But they have not been abused nor neglected. I have pictures of the damage but wanting to contact sram first see what they can do before you see the damage

carlos
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

First port of call for warranty is the retailer.

^^^^^^^^ This. If you get no real joy with the shop you purchased from, then try the direct contact approach. SRAM might be a little softer on a shop that has a relationship with them, rather than someone wading in with a “just out of warranty” claim

swainy90
    Free Member

I am actually the second owner but have receipt from original owner who purchased the bike. i know the warranty cannot be transferred but even so my forks should not be failing as they did. Like you say Carlos maybe contacting my local bike shop and letting them deal with sram may work better than me hitting them with abuse over an email

mikewsmith
    Free Member

swainy90 – Member
    I am actually the second owner but have receipt from original owner who purchased the bike. i know the warranty cannot be transferred but even so my forks should not be failing as they did.

Good luck with that, got the service records? Best you could probably hope for is a cost part replacement, though what damage wasn’t picked up during a service?

scruff
    Free Member

So, what damage has occurred to this second hand over two years old DH fork? 🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well at least the guys at the rockshox warrenty department have a pretty warning of the out of warrenty second hand fork coming their way………

cyclelife
    Free Member

If they’re really watching this – How about checking if there’s any oil in them before you send them out guys!!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Second hand and out of warranty?

I expect it’s going to be a short conversation.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, what damage has occurred to this second hand over two years old DH fork?

JRA, shirley.

swainy90
    Free Member

It may be a short conversation but just because there out of warranty they are going to say jog on? all Im going to say is a have had much better dealing with mojo (fox) if this is the short of response you expect me to get from rockshox.

legend
    Free Member

Well its out of the warranty that you never had, but as you haven’t actually said what’s damaged I’ve no idea if they’ll tell you to do one or not

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

out of the warranty that you never had

^This^

Don’t expect anything. Be happy with anything they offer, even if it’s only a polite apology.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m hoping this will be as good as the grass/parking thread.

Promising start at least.

swainy90
    Free Member

Exactly that captain. I haven’t come on here to slate rockshox/sram and anything is better than nothing like you say.

matt_outandabout

What damage is it, that’s (potentially, for original owner) warrantable?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Boxxer damaged. Best way to contact sram/rockshox’ is closed to new replies.