Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox 302 U-Turn – Opinions
  • robbo1234biking

Thinking of getting some of these to replace my Marzocchi MZ Race (100mm travel). Dont really want to spend more than this as saving for the wedding takes priority at the moment.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13113

Any one got any opinions on them? Any other models I should consider?

How does the U-Turn affect geometry? i.e. does the crown-axle length always stay the same or does the front end go lower with less travel?

Cheers!

robbo1234biking

Anyone?

retro83
    Free Member

u-turn lowers the length of the fork.

They look alright but the ones with motion control (318 iirc) are better

slackman99
    Free Member

I've had 318 Tora's for a couple of years now and for £100 (that I paid) they are a total bargain.

Ok, so they're a bit heavy (steel stantions and steerer), but they seem plush, fairly stiff and I haven't had a problem with them yet. Travel is upped to 5" by adjusting spacers. Lock out if you want it (I don't use it) and generally fairly well controlled damping.

I know they're not the 302's you asked about, but I thought i'd give you my impressions in anyways!

Zukemonster
    Free Member

I have a set of these that I can sell you, as new, have been fitted but unused. (replaced under guarantee but I had got myself another set of forks in the 3 months it took rockshock to get them back to me…. but that another story)

my email is in profile

haddock
    Free Member

I have them on my Merida hardtail. I'm no expert on forks but they have reputation for the seals going easily. The rebound adjustment failed on mine after landing a small jump (3ft) I took them back to Halfords, who sent them back to Fishers, they got them repaired within the week all under warranty. Done a lot harder riding on them since then and no problems. A local bike shop reckon most original kit fitted to a new bike its made sub standard, made to around 85% of the standard you would buy off the shelf, ie the carcass is the same, but cheaper seals etc are used. This keeps the costs down for the big bike manufactures. A mate serviced his own and found the OM fork had more bits going in from the service kit, than what came out.
    Its a good fork I run it at 130mm and it rairly bottoms out, feels pretty smooth through the lumpy stuff – i'd have another.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox 302 U-Turn – Opinions’ is closed to new replies.