Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Rock Shox SID Problem
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Roflcopter at not being able to balance on the bike

Seriously , are the training wheels off yet.

Mountain molehill …. Im not even sure if your a troll

Yes the issue exiats yes its not right but seriously drama queentstic.

Turnerguy your wheel issue sounds like the wheels been built offcenter rather than the forks esp if your other wheelmsits central , certainly had nothing to do with the wheel folding , wheel could be in upside down back to front hell even attached to the bars , the fork has no bearing on how a wheel reacts in a crash. Only therim and the spokes do.

trail_rat
    Free Member

And why are you not going through point of purchasr . Fisher dont usually deal with end user…

epicmcd
    Free Member

@trail_rat

do you have anything useful to say? or is being a troll the only joy in your life?

put a 3mm spacer under 1 side of your hub spindle, ride down your nearest main road in rush hour and remove your hands from the bars. Then tell me if its not a serious issue.

****t springs to mind.

answer to dumb post 2, read before you impart your ultimate wisdom. As I said, Fisher would not speak to my lbs about the problem. That is THE only reason i got involved and tried to speak with them.

epicmcd
    Free Member

@onewheelgood thru a friend of a friend i finally got a name of someone in sramtech that would speak to me / lbs. Forks have now been returned via rma portal. bypassing the uberbitch at fisher. they’re going to inspect both pairs, let you know what happens.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yep i obviously have no experiance in the issue . Might want to read the start of the thread .

Off back to my bridge .

honeybadgerx

Well this has made interesting reading, just built up an old hardtail frame with some 2009 SID Race forks, been out for a couple of rides round Cannock and noticed the odd tyre buzz, got home and saw the wheel was sitting well over to the left hand side. Looks like this might explain why!

strike
    Free Member

There’s another thread further down “Twisted SIDs 2011 120mm”, running concurrently to this one……..

Janesy
    Free Member

Yeah sorry, I didn’t use the search.

TF Tuned said hey will sort for me.

strike
    Free Member

Don’t apologise! I just wanted to make to draw your attention to the fact it’s an on-going issue and what SRAM have previously said!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Turnerguy your wheel issue sounds like the wheels been built offcenter rather than the forks esp if your other wheelmsits central

Checked the wheel – it is fine and sits in the middle with a superstar axle, but not with the DT Swiss RWS axle. From discussion on another thread it seems likely that the RWS is able to apply better torque to the axle, forcing the fork lowers to be square to the axle, whereas the QR cannot apply as much torque and so the fork lowers win the battle to remain twisted.

epicmcd
    Free Member

update.

I got forks back yesterday from lbs, sramtechcentre uk returned both sets with new lowers.

wheels now sit central in both pairs.

Thank-you SRAM tech & Cycle Honiton.

race tomorrow. time to rebuild bike.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox SID Problem’ is closed to new replies.