Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • rock shox – reducing travel using negative air
  • nedrapier

Just a quickie:

Is this a handy way of trying out different travel options before messing about with the spacers, or does it affect the behaviour of the fork as well as the travel?

Cheers!

BoardinBob

I would say it spoils the behaviour of the fork. Changing the spacers is piss easy half hour job.

fozzybear
    Free Member

causes the fork to rebound slower (so speed up rebound) and also effects bigger hit effects on the fork, more likely to plough though the travel it does have… as the neg pressure will be lower preventing the fork from diving under loads.

pop spacers in.

stumpyjon

It just means you'll bottom out more easily which won't really be representative of reduced travel, it'll just make it feel like you're going over the bars all the time.

nedrapier

Pretty unequivocal!

Cheers all, case closed.

Wheel under my desk, forks and brake at home; hacksaw still in homebase, all soon to be brought together in a concerto of upgradery.

Huzzah!

fozzybear
    Free Member

sorry i meant

as the neg pressure will be lower preventing the fork from diving under loads.
    should read

as the higher neg pressure will be be causing the fork from diving under loads and go though it's travel.

my bo bo.. in my mind i knew what i meant… 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘rock shox – reducing travel using negative air’ is closed to new replies.