Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rock Shox Lyrik lower leg service help
  • andrew277
    Free Member

I’m trying to carry out a lower leg service on my coil u turn lyriks which i have done a few times before with no issues

This time however I cant get the red rebound foot nut to unscrew, it keeps continually turning with out unscrewing. The other foot screws loose OK.

Anybody has the same issue? Or knows how to rectify it?

Thanks

float
    Free Member

hmm, could you have stripped the threads? the red bolt is only hollow aluminium and as i found out is pretty weak.

does the bolt spin relatively freely or does it feel like its still clamping the lower leg and the damping rod (making it hard to turn)?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Hmm…

If you remove the MiCo unit and drain the fork of oil you may be able to push something down the stanchion from the top to stop the rebound assembly spinning. Ideally you’lll need to drop the spring out as well to reduce the length of the fork to make it easier to access.

This is a pain, and requires a full disassembly of the fork – annoying – but I can’t think of another way. Have you tried tightening then untightening?

EDIT: I read it as you’ve removed the adjuster – just pulls off, but the bolt itself is the problem.

andrew277
    Free Member

Don’t think I have stripped the thread as there is still a fair bit of resistance when unscrewing it.
    Yeah its the bolt that’s the problem not the adjuster.
    Thought as much that I may need to fully strip the fork to get access to the top of the rebound assembly, but thanks for the help anyway.

hairyscary

Not sure if this would work, but you could try and force the shaft of the damper to remain stationary by compressing the lowers whilst unscrewing the bolt?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Lyrik lower leg service help’ is closed to new replies.