Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rock n Roll extreme lube
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Anybody know where i can buy at least a 16oz bottle of this magic juice?
    It seems to be rarer than the proverbial rocking horse doo-dah!

AlexSimon

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago. Looks like import-only now unless you find any in stock.
    Sideways Cycles had some last time I was in.

zelak999
    Free Member

Aaaarrrggh.
    oh well may have to look for an alternative then, any recommendations?
    I’ve emailed Sideways to see if they have any stock left.

AlexSimon

There were a few suggestions on that thread. Mostly ‘dry’ types.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Tweeks have Gold and Absolute dry in stock

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Rock n road cycles in Southampton used to import rock n roll lubes and grease direct from the U.S. Avoiding the UK distro so they could be worth a call!

gary

Last time I was in R&R, the shelves were bare (actually an empty Rock n roll box on the shelf) and Helen said the problem was that it had been reclassified as a more hazardous substance and it made the shipping costs uneconomical.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^ the parcel from tweeks comes via parcel force with a massive sticker saying “do not air freight”

carbonfiend
    Free Member

I searched everywhere but none to be found UK- wise so I ordered some from Oz. it arrived t’other day with a card saying I owe £11 customs 🙁 this will be used very sparingly.

singlespeedstu

I’ve just bought some Progold to try.(on offer at Halfords)
    Always used R&R before so i’ll see how it goes.
    You apply it the same way and it feels quite similar.

I had previously tried Scottoil UBS as a replacement but found it to not last very long.

zelak999
    Free Member

Anyone used the RnR gold chain lube?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i use gold, have used Extreme, seem the same to me

zelak999
    Free Member

Ok cool bulk buy of the gold it is!!

goyawave
    Free Member

Just bought some Gold myself for use in the dry. I’ve still got most of my bottle of Extreme left after a years use… it cost£6.95 back then! If only I knew then what I know now!!

zelak999
    Free Member

Is the gold more for dry seasons then?

goyawave
    Free Member

Many riders ask, “What is the difference between the Extreme, Absolute Dry, and the Gold?” The Extreme is for mountain bikes. Absolute Dry is for the road bikes. The Gold is for both mountain
    and road bikes. Here’s why: bicycles, being on rubber tires, are not grounded, making the bicycle a static electricity machine. As the bicycle rolls along, positive charge build up will bring dirt and dust particles from the road onto the bike. The bike will discharge and do it all over again, bring up more dirt. Ever wonder why you have a perfect dust line on the front of your fork blades or on the cable housings. That’s how the bike gets dirty on the road, on dry days. The dirt is also going to stick to whatever is sticky on the bike. Of course, the chain is the number one spot. Road bikes generally
    tend to pick up more dirt from the discharge, so a thicker, dryer membrane is needed. On the other hand, the mountain bike needs something that can take lots of dust, and/or muddy slop being kicked up on the chain from the front wheel. With water crossing, too!
    The Gold, is the most recent addition to Rock “N” Roll Lubrication’s chain lube line-up. GOLD works on all bicycles, staying cleaner, and takes the smooth and quietness of pedaling and shifting to a whole new level. Nevertheless, the EXTREME and ABSOLUTE DRY are by far cleaner, smoother, and quieter than any other lubes on the market. The Gold costs a little bit more, but is in a class all by itself.”

Clearly not my words as I couldn’t make that guff up myself! I found it on the R&R website. Had I read this before trying I probably wouldn’t bother buying it. Not sure he has sold Gold in his summary as well as Extreme or Dry. However, the Extreme is great and I use it all year round, and I hope the Gold is at least as good.

zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks man! I will get me some gold (mainly as there is no choice and I can’t be assed to try a gazzilion different products).

Andyhilton
    Free Member

We’ve got loads in! Bikehaus- Gatley 0161 491 3191

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rock n Roll extreme lube’ is closed to new replies.