Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rock n Roll Extreme but longer lasting…
  • oxym0r0n

Before I order another big bottle of blue Rock ‘n’ Roll, has anyone found an alternative that runs just as cleanly but lasts a bit longer?

I don’t want a wet lube that goes everywhere but I have had to re-lube part the way through longer off-road rides (I.e. Dorset Gravel Dash etc.) which I’d like to avoid if possible…

Moon on a stick?

Thanks

Gunz
    Free Member

I’ve got no alternative unfortunately but could you tell me where you get the RnR from?

Cheers.

ndthornton
    Free Member

You cant have lube that runs cleanly and lasts.
    If it runs clean it means its thin
    If its thin it doesn’t stick
    If it doesn’t stick it falls off

I tried a few of these expensive thin lubes and chucked them out pretty quick. Basically the same as no lube at all.
    Use thick lube and regularly clean your chain with a chain device when it gets dirty (or whatever method you prefer)

There is no lazy option to a well lubricated drivetrain…apart form an Alfine of course!!!

nickharv

Ribble Cycles have Rock N Roll Extreme Lube in stock.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/rock-n-roll-extreme-lube-rock-n-roll/

roverpig

Is there a technique to applying RnR? I tend to just slosh tons of it all over the place 😳

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You use tons of it if you work according to their instructions. I found it expensive and average.

oxym0r0n

Thanks for the replies folks – I regularly degrease and clean my chain but much prefer RnR to finish line wet or something that sticks to everything!

I guess a middle ground between the two…

Maybe I should just put the wet lube on for the Big rides

dudeofdoom

I’ve got love for ‘Squirt’ chain lube at the mo – sorta waxy…

AlexSimon

After trying everything under the sun, I always come back to RnR Blue.
    Applied once every muddy ride or on alternate dry rides. Ace.

The only reason I looked elsewhere was because I couldn’t get any. But it seems those days are over.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rock n Roll Extreme but longer lasting…’ is closed to new replies.