Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rock city Nottingham tonight. Will I die?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It must be 20 years since I was last in there! I presume the carpet may have been changed in that time! One things for certain I’m gonna be in the top 1% of old feckers in there!

rob2
    Free Member

Respect!

I used to go when I was at Nottingham University – 91-94. Many a Thursday night after a 2 litre bottle of cider and a few cider and blacks from the happy return in Lenton, then a kebab on the way home from the Charcoal Brazier.

I wonder if they still play wedding present and sultans of ping.

Never really dared to go in to the downstairs goth room.

Enjoy!!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You might be surprised at the demographics in there. Young whippersnappers are not into decent music these days so you might find you’re amongst fellow older rockers! And on Nottingham you will probably die!

Mister-P
    Free Member

When I went to Rock City to see Bonobo I was one of the oldest in there at 37 years young. It was all bloody students.

BillOddie

You’ll be fine.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I nearly died when I played there if that helps….

Onzadog
    Free Member

I doubt you’ll die. I also doubt they have changed the carpet.

Good chance you’ll stick to the floor though.

midlifecrashes

84-88 was my stint. I think the carpet was beyond changing by then, more of an ecosystem than a carpet. Don’t forget your earplugs!

ebygomm
    Free Member

Carpet??

I’ve never seen anything resembling a carpet in there

nickdavies

Carpet? Don’t remember carpet last time I was there… However I don’t remember a lot until waking up in the back of the car at holme pierrpont at 9 the next morning! I don’t think I died but it sure felt like it..

Although couldn’t be a patch on the Robin 2 before they changed the carpet, used to be like walking on glue!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well that was a right laugh! Had a bounce up the front, had the craic with the bar staff, met the support (well the wife did) and I’m now wondering as a gig venue why I’ve left it so long!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It’s not even midnight. Is it open yet even?

It’s not even midnight. Is it open yet even?

And Wrighty lives a good half hour away – who were playing, McBusted? 😉

Love Rock City – think last time I went it wasn’t a gig, it was to listen to Mr Nice, Howard Marks – and that was a good few years back!

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Jealous. Rock City used to be amazing, hope it still is. Have a good one.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Does it still have the Mongolian grill?

wrightyson
    Free Member

The wife wanted to show me some dance moves in the hotel, who was I to refuse 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Shoulda got a hand stamp, gone back after 2 songs

jamj1974

Great venue – one of my favourites. Seen The Beta Band, Suede and The Black Keys there.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rock city Nottingham tonight. Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.