Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Roc D’Azur 2009
  • Marmite
    Free Member

Anyone got a link to the entry for this event, is entry even open yet?

Doogie
    Free Member

Are you planning to enter big lad??? Get that bike sorted first!!

Marmite
    Free Member

Yup, had a semi green light from the Mrs so seriously looking into it.

Marmite
    Free Member

Is this Doogie as in M Doogie? Bike is sorted, unless you know something I don’t. Just the engine needs a bit of work 😆

juan
    Free Member

Hey
    I strongly suggest not to enter, race is crap and there is much nicer places to ride in the vicinity… It’s just a waste of money and time.

But then each time I have told that to people insults have been made.
    Let me know if you want advice on where to ride in the 06/83.

Marmite
    Free Member

Was not going to enter for a ‘race’ as such, I have friends that do it year after year and it was more for the laugh and social thing really as they always seem to have a good time and I have never managed to get to it yet.

Everyones opinion is valid though.

juan
    Free Member

Well if it’s just to meet friend and have a good time I strongly suggest you get yourself a cheap accomodation in one of the valley in the 06 and get the very nice topo books (I can post them to you if you want).
    Then I could point you towards routes that are not packed up with snow.
    Best
    Juan

sheldona
    Free Member

The race itself isn’t that great but the atmosphere is good and for a end of year holiday with a ‘bike race’ theme its fantastic. We normally head down there for a week and just chill out on the coast and in the mountains, riding a bit and just relaxing.
    I guess its like a hot dry Merida with a Med twist!

Marmite
    Free Member

Not sure I could stretch to a week, money wise, may be able to brop in for the weekend though. Sheldon you got a link to the entry, you in it already for this year, has Mike entered yet, then there is Tyrone I guess and whoever else goes with you, trust Mandy is there..

Marmite
    Free Member

Mandi 😕

Oops…

nasher
    Free Member

Juan

Will be back in Italy next week. Heard there is a lot of snow in the mountains, even Mt Bignogne in San Romolo.

would be good to catch up, I dont know many of the trails near nice, so maybe you can show mw some.

Marmite

The Rock d’azur is a great event (very XC though) but there is much better riding further East. So if you are there for the weekend, do it any longer then maybe travel around a bit

juan
    Free Member

Hi nasher there is indeed plenty of snow. Le col de vence, caussol and probably even saint vallier are still white.

I am going to try to get to l’aire saint michel with my SS during my lunch.
    I will drop you a line to ride down in Nice as soon as I got back to an acceptable level (I am really crap at the moment DH wise probably the level of you average customer), but if you are still here in a couple of weeks I will show you some interesting thing rideable from the train station in Nice 😉

I will drop you a line anyway

Best

Juan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Roc D’Azur 2009’ is closed to new replies.