Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Robust smartphone?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Daughter has managed to crack screen on Lumia for the second time now.

Is there anything else that is more robust?

ultracoach
    Free Member

A telephone….?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Any chance one of the billion adverts on this site getting permanently changed to a moto g advert? would reduce these phone threads to almost a trickle over night. Perhaps an offical endorsement of some sort? 😆

crankboy
    Free Member

Moto g in an otter box works for me and my toddler phone destroyer.

ratadog

Moto G in an Otterbox or anything else in an Otterbox for that matter.

About to try out 11 year old son v Nokia Asha 503 which is built for the Indian sub continent and has its own protective back and gorilla glass albeit a proprietary somewhat restricted OS rather than Android. Time will tell.

Cougar

Daughter has managed to crack screen on Lumia for the second time now.

Is there anything else that is more robust?

A son?

Get her a Nokia 100 until she can learn to look after expensive toys.

loddrik
    Free Member

IPhone 4s in a case is pretty tough.

CountZero

Any smartphone in a robust case, with a screen protector ought to survive a fair bit of punishment; my almost new iPhone 5 survived being dropped and cartwheeling four or five times down a steep Tarmac country lane, although possibly more by luck, with just a $2 clear plastic case and screen protector. A Lifeproof or Otterbox should give all the protection needed, and still be cheaper than replacing a smashed screen several times.
    I’m amazed at how clumsy people seem to be, I’ve seen any number of phones being used with smashed glass, mostly Samsung, as it happens, although a girl at work managed to smash an iPhone 3G screen five times… 😯
    There’s this Body Glove case, seems to be available for several different Lumia phones:

Doesn’t have a screen protector, but one of those would cost peanuts anyway.

ninfan
    Free Member

Moto G in a Trident case for me

and as for the Quechua mountain phone – it smashed falling out my pocket onto flat concrete… (they did refund it to be fair)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Robust smartphone?’ is closed to new replies.