Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Robust Activity watches?
  • nickgti
    Free Member

Evening you knowledgeable lot, I’m fancying some form of activity tracker style watch. Fitbit, garmin etc etc

But I’m an Electrician and my current gshock does take some abuse, can anyone offer any reviews or advice on one that can take a bit of stick without the screen shattering or becoming scratched to death.

Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

To be fair g shocks get beat up because of their own inherent flaw. In their determination to scream I’m hard as **** they are too big and get caught/hit/scratched as they stick out far too much for something you stick on your wrist.

mikertroid
    Free Member

My Garmin Fenix 3 is tough as old boots. It’s a big unit but has taken two years of battering and works a treat.

CraigW
    Free Member

If you just want something that counts steps, I would keep it simple. Garmin Vivofit seems pretty tough, and is not too chunky. You can buy cheap replacement bands if they get damaged.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Fenix 2 still going strong here, it’s taken a fair beating. Big unit, but if you’re used to a g shock then it’ll not bother you.

andykentos
    Free Member

Fenix 5s Sapphire

Got it in June, after a season using it in a raft base, moving rafts around and loading rafts etc, and mountain biking as well it still looks as new.

I do use it with a 9h screen protector but you don’t even notice its on. Apparently the Sapphire has a stronger glass as well as being Wireless.

Best watch i have ever owned.

nickgti
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, I’m not to fussed about gps but HR is a must.
    Those fenix ones are a pretty penny

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Robust Activity watches?’ is closed to new replies.