Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Robert Peston!!!
  • chamonix666
    Free Member

this guy is unreal, he may be expressing the most sensible and accurate analysis but, god he gets on my nerves!!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

he may be expressing the most sensible and accurate analysis

dont worry. He isnt.

iDave
    Free Member

i dislike him for the way he say’s ‘thut’, in stead of ‘that’

plus he’s incredibly smug

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

dont worry. He isnt.

According to you he’s not. But then, you also realise Economics is an art, not a science. No matter what some writers would have us believe.

winstonsmith

daddy’s in the lords, dontcha know

chamonix666
    Free Member

we are all in it together dont you know!!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But then, you also realise Economics is an art, not a science.

Is he a Van Gogh, or an Emin?

Philby

The intonations and inflexions in his voice really grate and annoy me – how the hell did he pass the interview with the BEEB.

totalshell

the guy actually says nothing if you listen

aracer
    Free Member

dont worry. He isnt.

I’ve probably not watched everything he said tonight, but the bit I did see he was suggesting that it’s a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Are you suggesting that market confidence isn’t a significant factor?

(personally I will be putting my money where my mouth is this time – waiting to buy when shares get cheap enough).

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I find him hilarious, a comic creation Chris Morris would have been proud of!

duntmatter
    Free Member

He is a joke, isn’t he?

cardo

Does anyone know anybody who speaks like Robert Peston?…. I struggle to listen to him.

goon
    Free Member

His raaaaaandom elongation of syllables drives me round the corner.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s that bloke credited with the Banking Crisis isn’t he (rhetorical question)

He does speak a lot of sense mind, can’t deny that, shoot from the hip. Shame no one listens to him.

And you do know how Trading works yeah? So this year will see a marked downturn in prices until about November’ish whereby there will be a huge “buy” then sell just before Bonustime in the City.. You have gathered the way the markets work, sure you have, you’re not that naive.

Helios
    Free Member

He is by far the most annoying person on TV for me – the second the worthless drawling self-important smug git appears I have to change channel. That voice just grates… *shudder*

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think he’s great!, and want whatever he smokes.

Crell
    Free Member

“Listen Against” on radio 4 ran a series of “what’s distracting Robert Peston” gags. Sums up his drawling tone perfectly, and very funny.

Clover

No, no, no. I have a secret crush on Robert Peston. Oops, now it’s not secret. Have you read ‘Who runs Britain?’. He’s v good.

Although noone’s as good as JK Galbraith. I’m sure he’d sound very irritating on the News at Ten but he’d be right.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Economics isn’t an art, it’s a humanity.

rewski
    Free Member

If he spoke properly he’d been on TV for half the amount of time. Seem’s to have far too much weight at the BBC.

MrWoppit
    Free Member
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Robert Peston!!!’ is closed to new replies.