Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • roadies…whats in your saddlebag?
  • senorj

I too have read the rules & some rules are there to be broken.
    In mine , tubesx2 ,co2 x2, tool , tyre lever , chain links & quick patches.
    I used to keep my pump on the frame , until it dropped off during a recent cx sportive. The pump did the co2 “thang” , I then punctured. 😥

tarquin
    Free Member

No saddlebag on my bike.

I have a mini pump mounted on the frame/bottle cage.

Then allen key multi-tool left pocket with keys, tube, levers and patches in the middle, phone in the right.

Gary_M
    Free Member

That’s surely a far worse style crime than a seat pack.

Haze

I have a tiny Lezyne one that I use as an overflow if I know I’m out for a long one.

Can just about squeeze in a tube, CO2 pump, levers, spare links and derailleur hanger.

Everything else in pockets.

Never valuables in case it falls off without me noticing…

Gary_M
    Free Member

derailleur hanger.

On a road ride?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Nothing is all in the back pocket

Haze

On a road ride?

Yes, had one go before and seen one or two walking home.

It’s no big deal to carry one, tiny thing that sits in with spare links etc.

ktaylor
    Free Member

I recently bought these cheap CO2 cannisters and they’ve been great (and cheap did I mention that?):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150641198184&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:1123

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Cartridges !

Thats expensive cheaper HERE
    Do what I do buy them in 30s keep 10 and sell the rest on Ebay to some sucker for a 50% mark up get yours for free.

slowclimb
    Free Member

I use a Lezyne Caddy Sack, think somebody mentioned them earlier. They are great, and yeah saddle bags do look rubbish 🙂

Northwind

2 tubes, 2 chainlinks, multitool, and a £10 note. Possibly tyre levers, can’t remember (the ones on the multitool are sorta kinda ok) Some park patches in case of tubeageddon. All other available space rammed with haribo.

Oh and a proper sized pump on the frame, because mini pumps are basically the industry trolling us, and I don’t like disposable kit like co2.

tarquin
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

That’s surely a far worse style crime than a seat pack.

I colour coded it to the frame 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m guessing epilator, compact, vagisil and moisturiser take up a lot of the space…….

TiRed

Clinchers: Tube, CO2, carbon minipump, SKS microtool with Park patch and allen key inside, money. All inside a Lezyne large Caddy Sack.

Tubs: Tube of Tufo sealant, C02, carbon minipump, spanner (it’s a fixed wheel), SKS microtool. In a small sandwich bag.

I use Cateye saddle rail mounted light brackets, so no room for a seatpack, in accordance with the rules.

EDIT: For the commuter, I use a btwin tool bottle that is always on the bike. Looks smart and has Tube, CO2, spanner (fixed again), Park multitool, gloves, tyre levers (wheel removal can get dirty wit ha fixed), allen key for fast rack removal, spare bold. Pump is frame mounted.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

My roadie tool pack its a case for a Kindle everything inside and add a note or two.
    Notice the tyre boot if you havent got one get one 40 miles form home and its a long walk back

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Tube, tyre levers, debit card, phone, £5 note, tiny box of Park glueless patches, tyre boot. I also have a multitool (although like MM I’ve only used it a couple of times in several years so I could probably do without it) and a minipump clipped to the bottle cage bosses.

That’s all in the jersey pockets but I sometimes use a very small saddle pack if extra food, arm warmers and gilet start making it all a bit tight in the pockets.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘roadies…whats in your saddlebag?’ is closed to new replies.