Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Roadies- newbie tyre size question if you please…
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve just taken the plunge and bought what I hope is a bargain Cube Agree GTC Race (£420 collected). I am planning on commuting around 15mins on the roads on it aswell as the odd light evening ride out to the moors/coast.

My question is…will I be able to fit THESE tyres in 28c to it? I have been advised they are a good cheap puncture resistant tyre. The extra volume seemed like a good idea, however pals have said they are too big for a roadie?

So, will they fit?!

This is the bike:

cheers_drive

28c should fit but if you’re commuting you’ll need mud guards so in that bike your probably limited to 23c.

wilburt
    Free Member

There can be quite a difference between model of tyres even within the same brand and quoted size so you never really know if something that’s likely to be at the maximum end of range will fit or not until you try them.

Most bikes will take a 25mm pretty comfortably 28mm a big t more risky. I run 25mm Mich Lithions for winter and commuting, race blade mudguards will cover any size tyre.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’ll send them back.

Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Roadies- newbie tyre size question if you please…’ is closed to new replies.