Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Roadie valuation help
  • z1ppy

As I don’t know anything about road bikes, so I need some help with a valuation. My roadie friend, who rides loads but doesn’t waste time ‘knowing’ about the market has asked me to advertise his 2014 Trek Madone 5 H2 frameset (and I assume the associate parts listed on that page)
    Ridden only in the dry for at most 6 rides, this was his ‘summer dry ride’ bike, but he just didn’t get on with it, so it has to go.. well that and he’s got a replacement already
    There’s one currently on ebay size 54, currently at £650 (no 2013/4’s have been listed otherwise) but I don’t know if his size a 62 makes it more or less appealing & so if I should advertise it for that?

and finally where’s best to advertise road bike? If it’s ebay, it’ll go on ebay..

Any help would be appreciated

njee20
    Free Member

eBay. BikeRadar classifieds can be worth a punt though if you can jump through their hoops.

Is it just a frame? Or a built bike? If so, what kit?

62cm will definitely devalue it, very small market. £650 seems on the cheaper end for a frame if it’s genuinely immaculate, I’d hope for more, as they were £1800 new I think? But the size will be an issue.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Smaller market but similarly smaller supply.

I’d say more too if they genuinely sold for £1800 new.

Waiting gets you more £. I sold well on bikeradar recently, remember ebay and paypal fees = £15% odd.

z1ppy

It’ll be just the frameset, but the fork, rear brakeset all came with it, along with stem and seatpost going by the link (maybe he’ll keep the stem, I’ll ask).
    I believe he did buy it for around £1800, as IIRC he had the first 2014, as the all the 2013’s had gone. Definetly should be immaculate, as this was his ‘summer’ bike only coming out when it’d been dry for weeks (he has a number of other road bikes to use).
    Am aware of the ebay/paypal fee’s and would like to minimise them, I believe an “advert” on ebay is cheaper than an auction.

Njee interesting you say you’d hope for more (even he’s very pessimistic about it), do you think we’d realistically get more, if we took our time selling it?

njee20
    Free Member

Njee interesting you say you’d hope for more (even he’s very pessimistic about it), do you think he’d actually get more, if we took our time selling it?

Yes, definitely, if you’re not in a rush. £8-900 doesn’t seem ridiculous frankly.

z1ppy

excellent, there no rush he’d got his new frame already (not that it’ll be used any time soon!), will get some pictures sorted and some adverts up for him.. Saying that he just fractured his arm falling on some black ice (and he worried our MTB rides were dangerous), it maybe time for him to learn about the joys of selling/advertising on the internet.

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Roadie valuation help’ is closed to new replies.