• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roadie style cotton cap – without a peak?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’ve become a big fan of wearing a cotton cap underneath my lid on the roadbike this winter – seems to keep me at just the right temp, unlike a skullcap, which is way too hot unless it’s very, very cold.

So I’d like one for mountainbiking as well, where obviously the peak on the lid is vitally important from a style point of view. So does anyone make a cotton cap without a peak?

(I’m sure I can butcher one *with* a peak, but it would be better to not have to!)

MSP

Not cotton (which is a horrible material for sporting activity IMO), but both giro and assos do summer skullcaps in good wicking materials.

TiRed

does t have to be cotton? A fine merino beanie will be cooler. Assos make a summer beanie called the RoboFoil to keep the sun off too.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Buff?? something synthetic would be WAYYY better than manky cotton if your working hard.

tarquin
    Free Member

Castelli do a non cotton skull cap which goes under a helmet, used one in the Uk and it was great.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just turn the cap round and have the peak at the back.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Why all the cotton hating? It’s been the fabric of choice to road riders for caps for decades, I use one right through the summer. On the road and off the road, nothing better, it’s going on your head not a full outfit.

Not sure if there are any without peaks though mate, as mentioned above you could just turn it around? I do that quite often, or butcher one, sure you could do it neatly.

clubber
    Free Member

+

=

job done 🙂

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’ve tried the peak at the back thing – doesn’t work with my rocloc.

I was resistant to the cotton thing for quite a while, based on the usual outdoorsy opinion of cotton stuff, but it does work brilliantly.

Looks like scissors it is then!

MSP

It’s been the fabric of choice to road riders for caps for decades,

And shorts were made from wool and the chamois was leather, thankfully we now have better modern alternatives, try them they are better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roadie style cotton cap – without a peak?’ is closed to new replies.