Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • roadie – Parlee Z4?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Worth the price? It seems to get glowing reviews just about everywhere, though it’d blow my budget a bit & mean a step down in componentry over a cheaper frame. Any thoughts? Cheers.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i know somebody in the cycling media who loved his, think he actually paid for it too 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

That’s a lot of bike, I’d certainly want more than a mountain bikes forum’s opinion before spending that amount of cash.

Never ridden a Parlee, but at that level I’d look at Cervelo

pedalhead
    Free Member

cheers, though it seems that half of this forum’s population are roadies these days 🙂

Cervelos don’t really float my boat…seem rather like the default choice at a certain budget & I’d rather something a bit less obvious.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

‘Tis a fair point, however they are popular for a reason.

BMC? Love ’em or hate them frame design, but not as common.

The new Neil Pryde, Bianchi, Wilier, the list of nice stuff is endless….. getting a test ride is another matter though

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yes, BMC are on the list as well. RM01 in gulf colours looks amazing, though I suspect the ride of the SLR01 would be more up my street…a bit more forgiving, and then I’m nudging the price of the Parlee. As you say, not easy to get a test ride on much of this stuff.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

BMC and Cerveverywhere shouldn’t even be in the same sentence as Parlee, Bob Parlee is to carbon what Pegoretti/Richard Sachs are to Steel. Speak to Bespoke bikes in Hoxton who I’m sure would refer you to customers to talk about their Parlees but if it was me it would be Parlee hands down

aa
    Free Member

BMC’s aren;t the last word in stiffness. reasonably built, reasonably light but flexy and, cervelo’s are master’s in pr but i find their frames slightly above average, not exceptional considering the price, certainly no better than a madone.

if it were my money i’d be looking at time, but have looked at parlee in the past. it would be a keeper, a cervelo is merely a short term relationship!

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Never ridden a Parlee but at that level I’d look at Cervelo

Oh dear, that’s like saying I’ve never driven an Aston Martin, but look at a ford mondeo!

Oh and the Parlee z4 is a stunningly good bike

saleem
    Free Member

email jonjones13 as I think he was selling one before.

Amos
    Free Member

I would go for the parlee, as you already know it’s all about the frame ( assuming you’re not sticking sora on it!?)
    And it is an awesome bit of kit. On the contrary to that I have a mate who was given a carrera from about 5 years ago got bitten by the roadie big so instead of upgrading bought a super record campagnolo groupset and shamal wheels and stuck it on the carrera, an odd choice I thought but he was happy!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Already got a visit to Bespoke booked for next week 🙂 I could just about manage Force and a £500 ish wheelset on a frame the price of the Parlee, so still decent enough but the money would be in the frame really.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhhhh please, can I??
    I’ve got a z5, it’s amazing. Simply stunning. I wouldn’t reccomed anything other than a bob. Ok, so when I bouight mine I already had an Orca, I’d had that for.a year and loved that oo, but my whippet mate one day decided to get something hand built and we looked around at all sorts of builders, we both wanted carbon bespoke and someone recommended bob and enticed us buy letting us.ride his… Whoooooop.. I was struck by it, so we paid our deposit, sent my measurements, emailed and it was the whole customer service thing that sold it to me.. Oh and the bike..stunning, I’ve sram red on it and some ffwds and I kill it, ride the fekin our of it and it’s just amazing..
    Buy one, buy one now..

pedalhead
    Free Member

cheers bikebouy, I can see this getting expensive, though I certainly couldn’t go beyond a stock Z4 (which frankly is already a bit of a stretch!)

saleem
    Free Member

why does it have to be carbon? what about the Moots rsl with the matching stem and post.

Ed2001
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that z4s are made in Taiwan( by Giant) just like dozens and dozens of other brands.ThIS doesn’t make it a bad frame but neither imo does it make it the special artisan carbon frame that many Parlee owners claim.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yeah I was originally thinking of Ti but having been there & done it (and broken it), I’m going carbon with this one.

Z4 is indeed made in Taiwan, unlike the other Parlee frames (hence the lower price). But, everything I’ve read about the Z4 suggests it’s very much like their made in USA frames from a quality and ride point of view as they build it completely to Bob Parlee’s specs, just with cheaper overheads…and of course it’s from stock rather than custom.

jonjones13
    Free Member

Z4’s are indeed a kick-ass frame, nothing bad to say about it to be honest. As long as you don;t mind about the far-East thing, then you won’t be dissapointed

fontmoss
    Free Member

mmmm sachs frame

psychle
    Free Member

Custom steel or Ti (Indy Fab perhaps)? Similar price to the Parlee wouldn’t it be?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘roadie – Parlee Z4?’ is closed to new replies.