Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roadie forks – any good deals?
  • aracer
    Free Member

I’m after something light – current ones which have broken are ~320g. Any good deals going?

Also are road forks generally all still straight steerer? I see a lot quoted with “45mm crown”, but is that just the size of the bit below the crown race to fit with an integrated frame? I need a straight 1 1/8″ steerer with a 30mm crown race, though it is for an integrated frame, so those would presumably be suitable?

I suppose I should mention for standard caliper brakes, have no interest in going to discs 😉

clunker

Whats your budget?

If its £££ then get some ENVE

dirtyrider
    Free Member

45mm will be the rake

eBay will be your friend here, however be wary of private sellers selling a road fork, its a strange thing to sell sans frame, usually the frame has been written off and the fork “looks alright” so it gets sold

theres a seller on eBay called ECSGOLF or something, sells a lot of planet-x stuff, might be worth a look

i did see some Cervelo S5 ones earlier

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cervelo-S5-Carbon-Fork-Replacement-Brand-New-/271936231831?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f50a99997

more spendy? as above go ENVE

aracer
    Free Member

Er, cheap, hence looking for good deals. Max £150, preferably rather less.

That Cervelo fork has a rather short steerer – I have an almost slammed stem (no spacers, just a tall top cap) and a 22cm steerer.

hatter

Shame you need a straight steerer, got some tapered ENVE’S that i’m about to list, they were off a custom build I didn’t get on with, ridden twice from new, NOT crashed

cynic-al
    Free Member

There’ll be **** all light available new, most is tapered.

SH unlikely also, no no reason not to trust ebay IMO/E, I’ve sold a few non-frame-matching forks which were certainly not

“usually the frame has been written off and the fork “looks alright” so it gets sold”

– why is so many people’s default position distrust?

aracer
    Free Member

Nah, they’re quoting 45mm rake and 45mm crown.
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/forks-forks-road-itm-pyro-3k-carbon-forks/italforr140

though I think with a bit more research I can answer my own question, it’s the size of the bit below the crown race to match in with an integrated frame.

I’m finding plenty of options – if anything most seem to be straight now I’ve deciphered what the specs are saying, just looking for good deals!

ChrisA
    Free Member

I’m thinking of changing my 3T funda’s if they are of any interest? There’s nothing wrong with them, just fancy a set of Enve’s instead. They are 1 1/8 straight steerer that will be fairly long still & they are full carbon. I had them new from Planet X, but they just don’t seem to suit my road bike.

Emails in profile of you are interested?

If not, Columbus minimal or enve seem to be the options for decent 1 1/8 forks from what I’ve seen.

Evans have some 3T funda’s in too, with a 43 rake for £230ish too.

john_l
    Free Member

I’ve got some full carbon Deda F14s that I’m no longer using. Only a couple of hundred miles on them (frame not written off :). Straight steerer, was looking for £100.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

– why is so many people’s default position distrust?

road forks surely is the bit you never upgrade, they live with the frame, if theirs some for sale, then always the first question should be “how is the frame”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roadie forks – any good deals?’ is closed to new replies.