Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • road wheels? help please
  • karnali
    Free Member

looking for new set of wheels to go on the bike for training,
    option
    planet model b 125
    shimnao rs20 115
    tiagra hubs open pro rims db spokes 125

which to go for any recommednations would eb good

ta

rob1984p
    Free Member

rs20's look the best option there, but out of interest for 125 are the handbuilts definitely open pro and not open sports as it seems a bit cheap.

karnali
    Free Member

open pros, either from dave hinde or 127 from ribble

crazy-legs

Do a forum search on here and BikeRadar for Dave Hinde.
    Then reconsider your choice of wheelbuilder…

karnali
    Free Member

thats why it would be 127 from ribble

clunker

Open pro via Merlin?

flip
    Free Member

I had Hinde open pro's, never again

Aksiums?

adt
    Free Member

I had aksiums on the winter bike last year, also set them up Tubeless with a Stans kit

clunker

Flip, what did you not like about the Open's I was looking to build some up for my fixie this week?

ourmaninthenorth

clunker – I suspect it was less to do with the rims, and more the shop they came from.

Open Pros are good, though with no rim wear indicator you need to keep an eye on their wear.

I had one go spectacularly pop in the dining room as I was eating my pre-ride breakfast….

samuri
    Free Member

I bought some RS20's with bladed spokes and one of the nipples stripped. It's taken me two weeks to get a new nipple and then the guy could only actually get one.

Be careful with these modern spokes, if you snap one they cost 3-4 quid to get ONE new spoke and it won't come with a nipple and if that's not standard, which some are'nt, you'll be struggling to get one it seems.

flip
    Free Member

Open pro's are ace, its the builder that was crap, truly awful.

trail_rat
    Free Member

id buy the open pros on tiagra rs20s aint exactly "light" – ok just training wheels but still

Spares easy to get for the handbuilts too ..

finbar
    Free Member

I'd get the handbuilts from here:

http://www.wilsoncycles.co.uk/

Its going to cost you an extra £15 over the Dave Hinde ones but it'll be money well spent.

mieszko
    Free Member

Pro-Lite Luciano from Ribble £120 (they were £142 on sale couple of months before when i got them ;-)) I'm vry happy with mine, good quality and still dead straight. Nice, stiff and reasonably light. Wear indicator on the rim. Hubs spin sooooo smooth comparing to Tiagra hubbed wheels I had before 🙂 Aero spokes but not straight pull so in an emergency You could probably put a normal spoke and ride, not wait ages for a replacement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘road wheels? help please’ is closed to new replies.