Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Road Wheels Advice – HUNT AERO LIGHT DISC V2 WHEELSET
  • orangesoul
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of riding these road wheels- good or bad? Or experience of Hunt wheels in general?

Cheers

Ed

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the default answer is you’re paying for fancy marketing and branding of generically-sourced stuff (Bitex or Novatec hubs etc), with appropriate levels of sneering and maybe an amusing youtube link to how to become your own wheel company.

The fact is the stuff they source is quality, the wheels are well built and come with all the spares/accessories you want, and competitive on price compared to getting those generic parts built up by your favourite artisan/mail order wheel builder. I looked at all sorts of options and suppliers for some decent alloy (non disc) wheels and they were initially bottom of my list for all the above reasons, but I ended up buying some AeroWides and am really pleased with them (I can build wheels but I didn’t have enough time to source parts and build between deciding I ‘needed’ them and the holiday they were going to be used on). I put a similar build spec together with one wheel builder, which was going to cost £350 for the bare wheels and no extras. The Hunts were £400 with Q/Rs, tubeless rim tape fitted, tubeless valves, spoke tools and 3 spare spokes.

curto80
    Free Member

I agree entirely with CTM

I have three sets, they are all great and never had an issue with any of them.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Very noisy though. Louder than Hopes.

chilled76
    Free Member

I’ve serviced a set. Bearing face tolerances werw diabolical. One bearing fell out when I pushed it with my thumb.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I like my 55mm carbons. Noisy freehub which is either a good or bad thing depending how you see it.

The hubs/rims are no more generic (or not) than similarly priced wheels. There aren’t many companies that sell truly unique stuff or if they do then you pay accordingly inflated prices.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Road Wheels Advice – HUNT AERO LIGHT DISC V2 WHEELSET’ is closed to new replies.