Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road tubeless yay or nay
  • DT78
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem to be consensus in the threads I’ve read debating the c24 clincher or tubeless. Same price but slight weight penalty for tl version.

Have some schwalbe ones I bought a while back, which I think a tubeless ready (or do you need to buy a special tubeless version?).

But, what really is the advantage? I don’t get pinch punctures and very rarely puncture, and when I do it tends to be a nail or slash which I don’t think sealant would fix anyway. I’d also worry about trying to put a tube in and getting covered in sealent.

This will be the fast bike for sport ifs and the like. I usually ride at 100psi (72-75kg)

Haze

Like it so far, I don’t puncture much either but thought they’d catch the tiny ones I sometimes get and no pinch flats from pot holes or cattle grids.

65Kg and ride them about 80psi, 100 if I’m racing and I know the surface is smooth. And dry!

I’m not as convinced as I am for the mountain bike but so far they’re working out alright, haven’t needed to stick a tube in yet though…

TiRed

Schwalbe Ones come in tubeless and nontubeless forms (hint – they say tubeless on the sidewall). I am running both, and to be honest, I didn’t find them to be much of an improvement (on Ksyrium SLs). I just wanted to try them and have been pleased. The Tubeless version is heavier, but I found that they mounted and sealed without sealant (a first).

For my race bike, I prefer latex inner tubes to tubeless.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

there are plenty of threads on this. Try it and see.

Safe, lower pressures = more comfort and grip. Less punctures. Bit more weight. For me it’s obvious but then I’ve always thought 100 psi was a bad idea…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Feels better to me. 80-90 psi at 80kg.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered on my road bike. Run tubeless on my MTBs though.

On the road I run 28c tyres at about 85-90 psi (82kg), which seems good to me. Very rarely get punctures on the road so doesn’t seem worth the hassle to go tubeless.

traildog
    Free Member

I’ve been a fan on the road. Commuting into Manchester I used to get lots of punctures because of the glass. Tubeless was the fast alternative to running horrible touch touring tyres.

I don’t weight much and I find lower pressures make a big difference on the road bike. I don’t really want to go back to tubes to be honest.

If your Ones are the tubeless version then you probably have the decision already made for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road tubeless yay or nay’ is closed to new replies.