Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Road tubeless pressures
  • bluebird
    Free Member

Looking at some of the new Mavic UST road wheels, some have max tubeless pressures of 6 bar (87 psii) for 25mm tires, even lower for 28mm.

I’m around 87.5kg incl bike/water/tools, according to the 15% tyre drop chart I’d need 10% more pressure than the max. to get the ‘ideal’ set-up on 25mm tyres. Are people running lower than ‘normal’ pressures on road tubeless? I know it’s been done to death, but this seems really low if comfort is not a problem.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup, 70-80psi here, 23/25C and I’m 70kg.

They often go down to 40psi before I think about pumping them up 🙂

cp

I run 25mm scwhalbe pro one tl easy on Superstar arc 21 rims. The rims are 19mm wide (I think, from memory) and the tyre profile is noticeably wider than some other 25mm tyres I have on 17mm internal rims.

The upshot is I run about 80 psi in them and that’s a bit on the firm side! For reference, I use to run 120ish psi in 23mm tyres. I’m about the same sort of weight as you inc. bike etc..

bluebird
    Free Member

cp – That’s interesting, does 80 psi in the 25 mm feeling harsher than 120 psi in 23 mm?

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I’m running 60 front, 65 rear with Bonty AW2’s in 28mm flavour, tubeless. I’m 80 odd KG, and they feel really good, even pushing hard into corners.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I run somewhere between 80-100 on both 23 and 25mm pro ones. My Hunt wheels state a max pressure of 100psi

milfordvet
    Free Member

I’m 90kg. 25mm Schwalbe Pro One’s tubeless on Hope 20Five rims (20mm internal/ 24 external). Not a seasoned roadie.

The Schwalbes measure 28mm wide with callipers now. I’ve only had them a month, but so far riding on 75/80 front/ rear psi on good roads. I used to ride 80/85 before tubless with latex tubes. I’m on a Roubaix so it’s a very comfortable ride whatever. Might drop them and see how it shapes up in the bends. Information I found was a bit sparse, but I think about 10psi less after you take tubes out all else being equal.

I checked with Hope and the rim can take high pressures if needed, not all rims can, most 29er rims won’t. Grails are another good choice.

damascus
    Free Member

My bike doesn’t feel like a harsh ride so I run my tubeless schwalbe ones at 90 to 100 psi.

25 mm tyres on Alex rims 17mm internal I think.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

I’m 80kg and run 28mm schwalbe pro ones on hunt 4 season disc wheels at 60psi front and rear… again not a seasoned roadie by any means, but I’ve done several thousand kms this way

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Road tubeless pressures’ is closed to new replies.