Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Road triple chain line
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone else have an extreme chain line when using the largest two sprockets in the middle ring? Keeps dropping onto the little ring for me.

cupra
    Free Member

nope, have never had that problem.

13thfloormonk

Nope, no problems here either, although it does look a bit extreme so I try to avoid using it until I can afford a double chainset to replace it with.

hels
    Free Member

I think the key is not to use the largest two sprockets at the back when in the middle ring. Keep your chain straight – who do you think you are – Andy Schleck ??

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mtfu and get a double. Or man down and get a compact

lakesrider
    Free Member

yeah mine sometimes drops off onto the 'granny' ring when i'm in the middle ring and largest sproclet. I just stopped using that combo.

toab
    Free Member

mine's never dropped but you do have to trim the front derailier a little to keep it happy

brassneck

I manned down. You don't need to change the shifter or mech, just set the limits right.

Compacts perfect if you don't have to keep up with a bunch or TT, much better chain line and close enough range of gears for most everywhere.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mtfu and get a double. Or man down and get a compact

Thanks for that pearl of advice.

I'm sticking with triple for various reasons, this is a thread about triple set-up. I do not like compact double.

dmiller
    Free Member

Mine did something similar, replaced the BB with one 3mm shorter… works fine now 🙂

Square taper BB, went from a 118 to a 115.

David.

molgrips
    Free Member

I've got HT2 outboard bearings, so I can't change the axle length. No spacers on the cups either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Road triple chain line’ is closed to new replies.