• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • ROAD TAX! How much?
  • soobalias
    Free Member

just been taking a look at http://ipayroadtax.com
    nice idea, but £45 for a t-shirt

we might as well pay road tax.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not sure. I pay £310 road tax per year.

Kit
    Free Member

Not sure. I pay £310 road tax per year.

'course you do 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

errr. I do. 😀 (well, VED)
    £125 for the commuter/bike transport
    £185 for the weekend car.

alwyn
    Free Member

My road tax is £15 a year, on a car and a motorbike. Far cheaper than a shoddy tshirt!

enduro-aid
    Free Member

20 quid for road tax for me and thats all i'll be paying

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

the anti-cyclist arguments seem to have got bored of the "road tax" stuff and moved onto the "they all jump red lights and ride on the pavement" nonsense.
    e.g.
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23798267-trial-for-london-cyclists-to-go-left-on-red-gets-green-light.do

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Road Fund Tax on my car is £0 😀

MrTall
    Free Member

I just had the pleasure of paying £405 for my road tax. Same as a Lamborghini for my Mondeo….. 10% more emmissions than my old car and over twice the cost to tax it. Still, i knew that when i bought it so i'm not complaining – the car was dead cheap to buy nearly new because nobody wants to pay the high tax. Would have cost me £5-7k more to get a similar spec car with a BMW or Audi badge on it so if i keep it for 5 years then it sort of evens out.

aracer
    Free Member

Has nobody on this thread actually clicked on the link?

ourmaninthenorth

Has nobody on this thread actually clicked on the link?

Previously. It is a site of great tedium, permanently peddled by Carlton Reid via Twitter.

It is one side of a bickering, playground argument "yes it is" "no it isn't".

Padowan
    Free Member

I just had the pleasure of paying £405 for my road tax

Holy cow – I just paid that in total for both my 12yr old Volvo AND the wife's 4×4!

Drac

Would have cost me £5-7k more to get a similar spec car with a BMW or Audi badge on it so if i keep it for 5 years then it sort of evens out.

Errrm maths is not your strong point then and I also bet the Audi and BMW in 5 years time would give you more money back. Still £5k is a hell of a saving but £405 for VED is mental.

I clicked on the link and seen a good awful website being pedantic about VED not being road tax.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I like the link, btw, aracer 🙂

fotorat
    Free Member

I have a V12 5.5Litre (1995) and that only costs £225 per year, its emissions are ok, it just that it blurts them out at 10mpg!

So I can afford the tee-shirt!

adeward
    Free Member

we have three cars at zero thats two vintage cars and a toyota IQ ,, and a mazda bongo at normal rates,,

the total insurance on the IQ and the two vintage cars is also about the same price as the insurance on the bongo

miketually
    Free Member

We have a Toyota Corolla on which we pay no Road Tax, because it was abolished in 1937.

postierich
    Free Member

zero road tax here for my van but I do drive less than 5000 miles!

Kato

Somebody spent their hard earned on an IQ?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ROAD TAX! How much?’ is closed to new replies.