Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Road – Sram Rival
  • Mog
    Free Member

Building up a new frame ready for the summer and want to try Sram. Up until now I’ve only used Shimano, up to Ultegra.

This time I fancy giving Sram a go and Rival looks a decent enough place to start.

Ribble have the groupset at £436 but are out of stock of bits of it – I’ve had a google search, but does anyone have any recommendations of where to buy or, by any chance, know of any good deals? I’d consider unused 2nd hand.

Thanks.

(tried bikediscount.de & Rose)

rickon
    Free Member

Before you do, go for a test ride on a bike that had Rival. I used to use Rival then Force, went to 105 for my recent road bike, and tried Rival last week…. I honestly found it poor and clunky in comparison to 105.

I hate Shimano on MTBs, feels too vague and only run SRAM x0. I thought the same on the road bike, until going back.

But… You may well prefer it, even Apex is lighter than Ultegra. So try it out, before spending the cash.

spursn17
    Free Member

I like SRAM on my road bikes, one riders poor and clunky is another one’s positive engagement.

I’ve got Rival on one bike and Force on the other, I can’t really tell the difference between them though, apart from Rival is black and Force is grey.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Road – Sram Rival’ is closed to new replies.