Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road seatpost advice
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have a new frame coming & want to use my original Kore T-rail saddle with it. I can buy an alu version for £16.99 that weighs 205grms or the carbon version at £42.99 that weighs 178grms, so 27grms in it.
    Will it be worth the extra for the carbon version on terms of comfort?

For reference its a carbon road frame, the old frame was is carbon & the original Kore seatpost is carbon (different size) and i found it really comfy, but there are so many variables..

crikey
    Free Member

27 grammes saving for more than twice the price?

I’d say no, it’s not worth it. Especially because, like me, you will not have a foot or so of seatpost sticking out.

I’d also be looking at cutting off a section of that seatpost, because you won’t need it.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well that had occurred to me! I usually do trim a good chunk out of the post so will certainly save more than 27 grammes. It was the ‘feel’ of the thing that is making my finger hover over the buy button, will i notice it enough to be worth spending another £26 on?

steve_b77
    Free Member

If you really need want it, get the carbon one cos that’s what’ll happen in 3 weeks anyway

muddydwarf
    Free Member

hehe! I’ve just dropped £440 on the frame + bottom bracket & its going to my LBS to be built up (needs new mechs & a wheel sorting) so thats more money.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road seatpost advice’ is closed to new replies.