Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Road Routes – Cotswolds
  • Haze

Have some time off in a week or so, fancy a ride out down the Cotswolds one of the days.

Don’t know the area at all, any recommendations for road routes?

Looking for around 50 to 60 miles, nice steady lanes with a few climbs very welcome!

edsbike
    Free Member

Where are you starting from?

Haze

I’m in the Midlands…will drive down, nice loop then drive back…

DavidB
    Free Member

There’s a cracker in the GPX downloads from here

Haze

Ah yes, cheers David…seen that page but haven’t checked out the GPX yet.

Have you ridden it, 85 or shorter version?

mrmo
    Free Member

where in the cotswolds? it is quite a big area.

Slad valley is a very nice climb,

ps44
    Free Member

You could have a look at the Macmillan ride routes out of Stratford on Avon next weekend

Haze

Not really sure mrmo, not familiar with the area but fancy checking it out.

Guess I’m just looking for top tips and ‘must ride’ bits?

Ps44, forgot about that one. On a century next weekend but mighty check out the gpx for later…

DavidB
    Free Member

Have you ridden it, 85 or shorter version?

Yep, ridden both loops as I wrote the book. The 85 is definitely worth doing if the weather is good.

mrmo
    Free Member

can’t give you a gpx but if you look at a map, Try Broadway to Stroud and back and it will give a good idea of the area, try to avoid cheltenham, or at most skirt it by going Winchcombe cleeve hill, then back over Aggs hill out to whittington.

Haze

Excellent, will probably decide based on the weather and my legs (my century will be a couple of days earlier).

Cheers David 🙂

Haze

Some good info here folks, cheers all 🙂

edsbike
    Free Member

David B’s is a cracker. I came from a little further north so joined the route at Moreton. No particularly big climbs, even by the low ish Cotswolds standards. Loads of nice climbs around Broadway too, all in a small area so good for packing them in. Also try the route from ‘The Rawlinson Bracket’, it’s a bit shorter and starts further north so easier for you, but still gives you the essence of the Cotswolds, also with the climbs packed in.

We take a small group from the club round most Saturdays that you’re welcome to join.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you go over Stroud way classic climb out of Stroud up to Rodborough Common or go to Nailsworth and turn left up there to a place called Box which is a lovely climb you get some switchbacks which is unusual for this country.Good tuff climbs over that way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Road Routes – Cotswolds’ is closed to new replies.