• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Road ride near misses today – just need to share
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Went out for a decent 85 miles ride with my brother today. As an aside it was the first time he and I had been on a road ride for 27 years!

First incident was just a car passing too close. They actually got held up so I very politely and in a friendly tone just explained that he has passed a bit too close and that next time it would be much less scary if he could give the cyclist a bit more space.

Guess what, the old coger sat there and simply denied that the gap he left was unreasonable. Not that he hadn’t passed too close, just that that was all we needed.

I explained I as trying to give him my perspective as a road user with as much right to be on the road as they and and then his witch of a wife gives it the old ‘oh no you don’t, we pay to be on this road’. At this point my brother lost his rag and gave them both barrels of his baritone charm.

The second incident was much more scary. Another much older driver maybe early 70s as before, overtakes us on a corner and then has to cut in quickly to avoid a head on collison with a lorry.

Again, gets stuck in traffic but this time I lost it with him. Again pair of them just sat there unable to connect with the fact that they had just almost taken my brother and I out.

Just need to vent. It’s scary stuff.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Road ride near misses today – just need to share’ is closed to new replies.