Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 205 total)
  • road rage,Woman blocks road and claims cyclist is attacking her
  • pondo

Reminds me a bit of the woman who, after attempting an ill-judged overtake and having to pull back in, reacted to my shake of the head and ‘how was that ever going to work’ body language by yelling at me, in a red-faced rage, “YOU NEED TO GO ON AN ANGER MANAGEMENT COURSE!!!!”

Made me chuckle – Mrs Pondo knew a teacher who, when once faced with a deliberately uncooperative child, told them “I’ve been on an anger management course – and I failed!”. 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

While she is in the wrong, I really can’t see that starting a stand off is the best way to resolve the situation. Guy’s a prick if you ask me, who’s achieved nothing apart from getting his own blood pressure up.

teasel
    Free Member

I half expected the cyclist to lamp the pedestrian just to relieve some stress.

But JY’s right – it’s just doe snot…

darkcove

Peter Sagaan style hop onto the roof of the car would diffused the situation quite nicely.

Junkyard
    Free Member

How exactly did he start anything? As for a stand off what exactly are you suggesting he does when faced with the car there doing that?
    She is on the wrong side of the road and he remonstrates with her from a distance as there is nowhere safe or legitimate for him to go and she can still pull over but does not
    As they pass she starts the conversation not him and FFS look at her reaction during the chat.
    How on earth anyone can criticise him for his reaction when she starts the conversation and claims he is in the middle of the road when she is entirely on the wrong side of the road and she ends it with claims of assault whilst getting hysterical

There are some odd folk on here and what dies a car driver have to do to get the blame run him over from behind whilst shouting die scum…even then some tit would be on here explaining why the cyclist was in the wrong and we did not see what happened earlier

I hope you are all trolling

asterix
    Free Member

+1 JY

uselesshippy
    Free Member

All hail the great car. We must worship the car. The car always has right of way. (Even when on the wrong side of the road) stupid 4×4 drivers can bully everyone else. Stupid drivers must never be told they’re wrong.
    All hail the great car.

teasel
    Free Member

FFS look at her reaction during the chat

Indeed. The way she starts bleating about being a woman, alone.

I hate that sort of shit…

project
    Free Member

It was IRELAND, that sort of thing happens there quite often, also ther was a vehicle behing the cyclist so would she have moved for them

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

If I’d ridden around the corner and come across the same situation I’d have certainly been a bit pished off at where her car was. Sure the cyclist over reacted a bit… on a good day I’d have politely said she was in the wrong place and indicated she needed to be over on her side of the road, then cycled around and left her alone. On a bad day I’d have wheelied over her bonnet, crapped through her sunroof and left her to seeth. 😉

D0NK

not listened to the audio so dunno if he was overly sweary, if confronted by the same I can’t see many people not at the very least muttering a couple of swearies under their breath, most likely a “WTF are you doing” said loudly. Driver had plenty of time to see the cyclist and move over to her left as she should have done.

If it was me in a good mood I’d have approached slowly make sure traffic behind was slow/stopped enough to let me go down the right of her (while calling her an idiot) and rejoin the left side of the road. In a bad mood I’d have just silently stood my ground* and waited (and waited) for her to move.

As for “Helmet cam warrior looking for trouble” comments….yawn, change the record.

*making sure I could easily get out of the way if she turned mental.

dragon
    Free Member

Amusing how there was a thread the other week about someone who had a similar situation but in cars, and most peoples response was that he over reacted getting out and getting angry. This situation is no different, just a cyclist and car, she wasn’t going to run him over she was stopped. A polite word might have been in order, but ranting and raving is ridiculous.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

As for “Helmet cam warrior looking for trouble” comments….yawn, change the record

I dont think theres an increase in the number of helmet cam warriors, just an increase in people using cams and showing the world what has frankly been happening for aons on our roads to cyclists. Now there is more cyclists, therefore more awareness in the public domain, vive la revolution.

Junkyard
    Free Member

she wasn’t going to run him over she was stopped.

She was on the wrong side of the road – that is the critical point she was 100 % in the wrong and still had space to move out the way. i think we all recognise it was not attempted murder but it was driving of the lowest standard

A polite word might have been in order

Yes she looked and acted like the reasonable type

, but ranting and raving is ridiculous.

she was the ranter clearly though he was less thna happy and a bit sweary

You just have to be trolling I have nothing further to say as I am not feeding you and your views are BS and utter;ly at odds with the evidence presented.

DONK its worth listening to

Cyclist bit sweary in road at start not ranting but not polite
    Cycles past muttering
    She starts conversation by saying to him he was in middle of road – yes really she started it with that
    He gets sweary back
    She says lone women and then starts screaming [ literally] about assault
    She acts basically a bit mental
    Car driver behind her says well done son to him as he passes

iolo
    Free Member

I’m a cyclist/ have been for 38 years.
    That car was about to overtake parked cars when the bike met her so she was in the right hand lane.
    He then proceeds to talk like a bellend.
    She was in the right.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Indeed it is standard procedure to drive down the road on the wrong side of the road to get past an obstruction on your side and if you meet anything its is clearly there fault and you are in the right

Good point well made :roll@:

Lifer
    Free Member

The parked car on her side ergo she gives way. She was in the wrong.

scotroutes

I believe the actual rule is that first to the obstruction has right of way. Obviously, if it’s a close-run thing then the correct thing to do is give way to the vehicle NOT having to carry out the extra manoeuvre.

She wasn’t signalling either.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

the cyclist had right of way, he had been travelling down the road long enough to be seen by the driver and its his side of the road, he has right of way there, she must defer. she was actually pulling out way before the cars and way before she needed trying to claim right of way as car drivers often do. Doesnt make it right. so I completely disagree with ^. I’d also say she wasnt going to get far as clearly the road ahead is already pretty full of cars waiting to get out the junction. looking at where her car was she clearly doesnt know the width of her car.

aracer
    Free Member

FTFY – because that’s the only way your comment makes sense. Cyclist was already passing parked cars when he met her – she hadn’t yet got to them. What was he supposed to do? Oh, and it was actually her talking like a bell end.

D0NK

That car was about to overtake parked cars when the bike met her so she was in the right hand lane.

bike finishes cornering and is visible to driver at 5 seconds, at 10seconds (he has been visible to her for a full 5 seconds) he has passed the parked car that she is only just approaching and causes him to stop. It seems to be double yellows the rest of the street so she was only pulling right to pass the parked merc – which again the cyclist has already passed.

She was in the right.

bollocks she was.

aracer
    Free Member

All those suggesting car driver is right, cyclist is wrong, can you try imagining that cyclist is actually driving a car and then deciding who is right? Because I can only assume that you’re determining right of way on the basis that cyclist has less right to be on the road.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve reported iolo’s post, because the only purpose of that comment (Im assuming he’s not that delusional) is trolling.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I think everyone was in agreement that the driver was in the wrong but the cyclist overreacted slightly and was a bit of a nobber, until that is the usual suspects came along, twisted what they had read, then started arguing with people and calling them trolls for expressing a viewpoint.

diawl2
    Free Member

I believe the actual rule is that first to the obstruction has right of way

I thought that if the obstruction is on your side of the road you give way.

aracer
    Free Member

I think you need to re-read the thread

until that is the usual suspects came along, twisted what they had read, then started arguing with people and calling them trolls for expressing a viewpoint.

Usual suspects being those talking sense, and the others being stupid or trolls?

bigyinn
    Free Member

He then proceeds to talk like a bellend. IRRELEVANT BIT
    She was in the right.

For the purpose of clarity this is what I was referring to as trolling. I fail to see why the 4×4 was on the wrong side of the road 3 -4 cars car lengths BEFORE the obstruction especially as there was oncoming traffic.

convert

Some people have too much time on their hands and are way too stressed for their own good. She made a move to go down the bit of road left after the parked car took up their share without taking into account the cyclist. Not ideal but at least she stopped before coming completely alongside the parked car.

I’m afraid the most that would have garnered from me would have been the international sign for “what gives?” (wrinkled nose and quizzical look with maybe an upturned palm if feeling particularly continental and flamboyant) and pedalled past on the empty part of the road to her right thinking no more about it.

But then again I don’t go around with a camera on my head and publish video evidence on the internet so maybe I don’t have the ‘issues’ that bloke clearly does. It could however be argued that getting your knickers in a twist (one way or the other) about this, 3rd hand, on an internet forum is also a sign of sad sackness.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

… so you’ve gone on to a forum to complain about sad sacks complaining about a cyclist that shouldn’t be complaining? Doesn’t that elevate you into a new category of 4th hand complaining nonsense?

mrchrispy

happens more than it should. drivers try to bully you out of the way I dont dont give the inch!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I would have rode past her and honestly not given a toss and never thought of it again.

convert

… so you’ve gone on to a forum to complain about sad sacks complaining about a cyclist that shouldn’t be complaining? Doesn’t that elevate you into a new category of 4th hand complaining nonsense?

I am very much putting myself in the sad sack camp (sorry if this did not come across in original post) along with everyone else motivated enough to bother posting. We all need to get out more!

iolo
    Free Member

singlespeed shep + 1

Not trolling.
    She was just a bit early overtaking the parked car.
    When the cyclist turned into the junction she was anticipating overtaking the parked cars so was in the right hand lane.
    All the cars behind her were also in the same lane.
    Were they all in the wrong too?

jody
    Free Member

+1 for what JY and Donk have written.

I haven’t listened with audio but she wasn’t driving with due care and attention and should not have pulled over having seen someone approaching (which she did very early and without indication). He was visible for at least 6 seconds.

I think the better approach (if you wanted to be a cock about it) would have been sit on your bike, point to her car and the opposite side of the road, fold your arms and wait for her to move. Without saying a word.

Most would probably just shake there head, call her a silly cow or something like that and carry on about their business.

trambler

Pair of prize bell ends who could have both dealt with it better. If you want confrontation you can find it anywhere. Can’t see why people get worked up by such trivia.

D0NK

happens more than it should. drivers try to bully you out of the way I dont dont give the inch!

I would have rode past her and honestly not given a toss and never thought of it again.

I’d prefer to do the latter, not let it bother me and if that was the worst I had to put up with when out on two wheels I probably would. Trouble is the former is spot on, this entitlement/bullying seems, to me, the tip of the iceberg and indicative (causative?) of the much worse stuff that happens. So getting riled about it seems, if not fair then certainly not unreasonable.

jody
    Free Member

Iolo. When the cyclist turned the corner she was on the left hand side of the road. You might want to consider a trip to specsavers!

D0NK

All the cars behind her were also in the same lane.
    Were they all in the wrong too?

no seeing as the cyclist had room to ride passed all the other drivers what with the majority of them being on their side of the road (merc van was sticking out a bit)

convert

This is however interesting:-

She was just a bit early overtaking the parked car.

Two people who viewed he same bit of film….. I think it says quite lot about people’s perceptions – how much of what we see is what we want to see. Or maybe some people are too passive and forgiving whilst others live in a paranoid ‘the world is out to get me’ mindset.

binners

Every single piece of go-pro helmet cam, street warrior footage should just carry this mandatory legal disclaimer:

Everyone involved with the making of this film, both in front of, and behind, the camera is an utter and complete ****!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘road rage,Woman blocks road and claims cyclist is attacking her’ is closed to new replies.