• This topic has 25 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nathb.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Road Jerseys – how many have you accumulated …..
  • iainc

I had to repack the drawer the other night and was feeling a bit sheepish at the slowly growing collection 😳

I maybe buy 1 or 2 a year, and they never really wear out…. I didn’t count them but there must be close to a dozen in there….

Thankfully the Boss doesn’t, AFAIK, ever look in that drawer 🙂

Is this an addiction ? more road jerseys that casual t-shirts !

(MTB drawer less of an issue as stuff does get chucked once ripped, rubbed through etc)

fifeandy
    Free Member

12 short sleeve
    4 windproof short sleeve
    5 long sleeve
    4 long sleeve softshell

I’m definitely addicted to softshells – have decided this year that non-windproof tops in Scotland are pointless.

iainc

oooft 🙂 I can rest easy compared to that lot !

steve_b77
    Free Member

Too many that I don’t wear anymore, gonna have to sell some.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I threw away about 30 last time the spring cleaning was done. And about 15 pairs of shorts.
    Plus gloves socks and assorted junk.

lunge

Loads, 20 ish I reckon, more as there are some that could be jackets or could be jersey’s.

mrchrispy

I seem to have developed a rather unhealthy attraction to decent sportwool type trade team jerseys (when i can find them)

Gary_M
    Free Member

I didn’t count them but there must be close to a dozen in there….

Amateur! I have well over 20 short sleeve jerseys but I have quite a few I don’t wear, I really need to get them on eBay.

Probably have about 6 long sleeve jerseys but I could do with adding to this.

iainc

I feel so much better now ! I may buy another one next week 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

5 club jerseys, maybe 10 non-club jerseys.
    I tend not to keep ones I don’t wear anymore as I don’t have the space.

they never really wear out

I find the rear pockets get damaged with use, collars fray and other bits fade with sun, sweat and regular washing.

fifeandy
    Free Member

oooft I can rest easy compared to that lot !

In my defence, I don’t have separate MTB jerseys, I wear road jerseys off road as A) I prefer them to flappy pyjamas, and B) rear pockets are awesome.

But whatever – if you can afford them, and they make you happy, there’s no such thing as too many

benp1

Yep, wear road jerseys for off road here too

I don’t know for sure, but about 10 SS and about 6 LS

Plus windproofs and softshells on top of that, plus gilets, plus lots of SS and LS baselayers

maxlite
    Free Member

Thought I was bad!

I’ve thrown loads away, but have a few nice old team shirts hanging in my studio.

Far to addicitive, but as ‘fifeandy’ says ‘if you can afford them, and they make you happy, there’s no such thing as too many’

sandwicheater

I don’t have specific road stuff. 6 short sleeve jerseys, 2 long sleeve warm type jersey type things.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m not sure how many I have – quite a few as I tend to buy them when I’m visiting anywhere interesting and can find one with a local connection.

Daffy

5 Short
    2 Long
    1 Windproof long

jamiep
    Free Member

Road, rather than MTB, seems to bring this out, verrry slightly different types of clothing for verrry slightly different weather.

long sleeve and short sleeve, shower-proof, weather-proof, wind-proof, roubaix thickness, lightweight climber, race mesh thickness

DT78
    Free Member

I find if you leave them alone in the dark they breed

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

In my defence, I don’t have separate MTB jerseys, I wear road jerseys off road as A) I prefer them to flappy pyjamas, and B) rear pockets are awesome.

This.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I wouldn’t dare count them, a mate had a stag MTB ride on the Quantocks a while back and I wore one at least 15 (probably nearer 20) years old (and it still fitted). Anyway whats the difference between road and MTB?

iainc

Anyway whats the difference between road and MTB?

I wouldn’t wear my aero fit Rapha ones off road 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

Because I design my club’s kit and we do a ‘Special Edition’ each year, I have loads as I feel that I should really have one of each design. I’ve also misordered a couple of times, meaning that there’s been spare kit which I’ve then got… I daren’t count them all…

dovebiker

I have a walk-in wardrobe for my bike kit that gets swapped-out between winter and summer – there are two massive boxes and holdalls stuffed full of bike kit in my loft. I have another big box of deep-winter / arctic expedition stuff too and another of retro-bike bike gear. Expect there’s about 30-40 jerseys at least – about 20 year’s worth.

prawny

Blimey, I feel a bit inadequate. I’ve got 3 good short sleeve ones, a couple more less good, so maybe 6 or 7. I’ve got another 2 I think long sleeve ones, and a pair of softshell convertible things.

I’ve also only got 5 pairs of shorts, luckily the boss is top banana at doing the washing, I’ve got no idea how to do washing, I’m such a modern man 😳

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I wouldn’t wear my aero fit Rapha ones off road

Yeah – I’ve a Mavic one I bought for duel use that is very roadie.

Worn it on the SS a few times, but it’s actually a little too short at the front for anything other than riding drops.

nathb
    Free Member

10 shortsleeve (castelli, altura and rapha)
    4 longsleeve inc 1 thermal (castelli, sportful and altura)

Out of those 4 shortsleeve and 1 longsleeve are purely for commuting.

I’ve been road cycling for 2 years. 🙄

The missus actually presented me with the new Rapha team GB jersey this morning, so not all my fault. 😈

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Road Jerseys – how many have you accumulated …..’ is closed to new replies.