Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • (Road) FSA Gossamer Bottom Bracket Replacement – What to get?
  • moe_szyslak
    Free Member

I seem to have toasted my BB and need a replacement. Genuine FSA Mega Exo does not seem to to be great value (£40 ish), are there any alternatives I can use? I profess to knowing nothing about BBs, are they made to an industry standard and all compatible, or are they specific to each manufacturer?

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

**optimistic bump**

honourablegeorge

I thought MegaExo were Shimano compatible, I may be wrong – meaning any Shimano/Raceface/Hope/King BB should work

stanfree
    Free Member

What BB model is It , ? I got a replacement BB4000 (English thread)for £19 from an Italian Ebay seller. I was going to buy a new shimano crankset and go HT2 but just dont have the cash just now .

ianpv
    Free Member

Pretty sure it is shimano compatible. At least, I used to run an FSA gossamer in a shimano bb, it wasn’t loose and i didn’t die.

iainc

there was a thread about this a long time back. I’m pretty sure it said they were very similar to Shimano, but not quite – something along the lines of overloading the bearings as the axles slightly different length or something…..

I remember it as I was needing to replace my FSA one in my Jake the Snake – I ended up getting another FSA one from dotbike

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will look it up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘(Road) FSA Gossamer Bottom Bracket Replacement – What to get?’ is closed to new replies.