Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Road Conditions M8 M77 A77 Edinburgh to Prestwick?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got to pick up my sister from Prestwick Airport at midnight. What are the road conditions like? Experiences?

I respect STW roadwatch more than most other traffic sites.

No snow in Fife just now

Hohum
    Free Member

The main roads here in West Lothian seem fine, but the side roads are a nightmare.

The wind is coming from the N/NW and when this happens very few snow showers make it down into the central belt and into Ayrshire because of the mountains to the north.

I reckon you would be okay, but still drive with caution.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Based on conditions in Edinburgh on the way home I’d be expecting a fair bit of ice on the roads tonight. Main roads should be fine though.

BoardinBob

Fine in Glasgow and not that cold

Dolcered

totally fine in Prestwick just now, very very light snow at lunchtime, its all gone.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just back in from helping rescue a van which had got stuck on the hill behind our house. The side roads, including ours, are like glass at the moment – the inch or so of light snow from this morning has been packed down and frozen solid.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Big fella, If I wasn’t night shift tonight, I’d have met you for a coffee as I live in Prestwick. I’ve changed my username since we last met, I was riding with you and your buddies (Gary and Paul?) up at Glen Clova last april, I was the slow climber on the Cotic (Greg).

It’s cold here, but no snow or owt, M77 and M8 seem fine, you should have a straight run.

downgrade
    Free Member

Live traffic cams are always handy, even in the dark

http://trafficscotland.org/lev/

Dolcered

Just drove back from Kirkintilloch to Prestwick, -2 but no snow, roads fine so far. Safe trip.

Hohum
    Free Member

What is your decision?

Are you going for it?

I would, if I had to.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Got there and back safely, thanks for the updates. Worst section was from the Forth Road Bridge to Kirkcaldy.

Nobeerinthefridge, you were unforgettable as a pool hustler and your crash around Loch Muick still defies belief, legend!

We’ll need to organise some more riding.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

McM,

Dunfy roads are pretty sketchy at the moment – gonna be an interesting drive to work in Kirkcaldy-sur-mer tomorrow morning.

+1 for more riding next year with Greg & Co.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stuartie – I’m away to the States for four months from June, so lets get some epics in before then, please.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Christ, I’d forgot about that crash!.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Stuart, indeed, more STW Scotland rides required. And I fancy a day over in bonny Fife riding as well, Gary B was on at me to come over and ride the Lomonds, just never got my finger out!.

By the way McM, you were 24 hours too early, it is a whiteout here now!, and still coming down. I’ve got a wee afternoon out in Glasgow tomorrow, trains bloody better be on!.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Road Conditions M8 M77 A77 Edinburgh to Prestwick?’ is closed to new replies.