Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Road Classics starts this w/e, Um Yay!
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Yay for this. 8)

26th Feb – Omloop Het Nieuwsblad – not on Eurosport
    27th Feb – Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne – on Eurosport 2pm and repeated at 5pm etc.
    5th Mar – Strade Bianche – can’t see that far ahead if it’s on Eurosport (but expect it will be)

Tan walls out, arm warmers on, rain jackets might be required.. lets line em’ all up.
    😀

mrblobby
    Free Member
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Downloaded inrng’s iCal and got alerts set. Strade was on Eurosport last year so would think it will be this year. Obviously at the mercy of their random schedule generator, the duck wrestling over-running, or constantly crashing like it did during last year’s Giro :-/

mattsccm
    Free Member

Am I the only one praying for a wet season. PR isn’t as much fun to watch without huge puddles and mud 😆

leffeboy

Not sure what is worse, watching it through clouds of dust or sheets of rain

edhornby

The muddy PR is a rarity though, and it tends to make it a complete dice-roll rather than some luck some skill, I’d rather dry

Eddiethegent

2015’s Omloop was my favourite race of the season – the way Stannard mugged the Quickstep boys was superb!

Does anyone know if there is a way of watching the Classics live online without resorting to a dodgy pirate feed or a Sky subscription? Would happily pay to view the price of a cinema ticket.

sixpotbelly
    Free Member

Does anyone know if there is a way of watching the Classics live online without resorting to a dodgy pirate feed or a Sky subscription? Would happily pay to view the price of a cinema ticket.

Eurosport Player?

sixpotbelly
    Free Member

Could be mistaken, but thought KBK was on Sunday (28th). Could that broadcast on Saturday be last year’s?

therevokid
    Free Member

saw an on bike (464) claiming they were showing omloop live Saturday,
    but nothing in their listings …

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m a huge Classics fan.
    Over the years I’ve seen all the races in all conditions. I’m a fan of the conditions we get here, nothing too extreme, nothing really out of the ordinary. I like puddles on the side of the road, gravel and flint strewn lanes, farmers shite from tractors in lumps and horseshite, then the dry kerbs and verges and of course irregular cobbles. Then I like the fans, they make the season.

So, I’m hoping for the same conditions I get when riding the South Downs, that way I can ride hard in the morning over them, then die on the sofa watching the lads kick out 400watts for hour long hacks. Then see them all come in with grim covered faces.

Yay! 😀

lunge

I shall be doing my best rain dance. A wet PR would be amazing.

slowoldman

Check here closer to the day
    https://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/

or http://www.steephill.tv

There are often several feeds available free, though you may have to put up with over-exited Italian commentators or the Dutch commentating from a handy coffee shop.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The Tour stage in July had worse conditions than the classics in spring. And we had a wet P-R Sportif, race day the day after was dry and sunny.

butcher

I have Europsport player, and to be honest, half the time I end up watching on Steehill.tv anyway. They usually have the Eurosport Highlights, and you can watch any time you want. I wouldn’t complain, but the image quality on Eurosport has a lot to be desired.

Anyway. Rant over. Can hardly complain with races broadcast from around the world every week. We’re spoilt really. And I’m quite looking forward to it. Racing season starts proper this weekend!

mrblobby
    Free Member

image quality on Eurosport has a lot to be desired.

Online? Not watched it this year but it was fine all last year.

So anyone care to make any predictions? Kristoff looking fast again, be surprised if he doesn’t pick up another monument this year. Be nice to see SVM finally win something big.

flange
    Free Member

Hoping for a wet Strada – it’ll be brutal if it is. That said they’ve not had a wet one since the event started so unlikely.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh and curious to see if the curse of the rainbow jersey and the curse of second place somehow cancel each other out with Sagan going on a Spring rampage. Probably not.

everyone
    Free Member

Hyped for this. Love the classics and I’m going to be in Roubaix for the race!

I’m excited to see what Tony Martin can do, if it all goes right then EQS could be formidable.

lunge

I’ve got a feeling EBH may win one this year, he’s had a strong start to the year and I’ve always felt he had the skills to do it. He’s at 66/1 with William Hill for Paris-Roubaix, that may be worth a punt.

tang
    Free Member

I can’t wait!

stevious

There are so many awesome riders with a good chance of winning something this year – it should be great.

IdleJon

sixpotbelly – Member

Could be mistaken, but thought KBK was on Sunday (28th). Could that broadcast on Saturday be last year’s?

It’s set to record as live on my box on Sunday despite the announcer seeming to say it was on Saturday, causing several swear words to issue from me as I hunted through the listings.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup sorry, Sunday 28th. 😳 I grabbed the date from the Announcer too.

I feel like an idiot.

Actually, I am. 😆

butcher

Online? Not watched it this year but it was fine all last year.

Yep, online. Quality is shite. Difficult to make out the riders a lot of the time.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Omloop Saturday KBK Sunday according to inrng?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Omloop Saturday KBK Sunday according to inrng?

As it was, as it always shall be 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

yeah, just trying to clarify as it looked like there was some confusion!

monde
    Free Member

Omloop is being shown live on the Bike channel (Sky 464) on Saturday at 13:15 I believe.

tang
    Free Member
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Ah, well sorry for the confusion. I meant well, sure i did. But in starting the thread and picking up the dates I got distracted. Bit odd that considering I checked at least 4 times..

Sorry.

OHN Saturday 27th and Yes it’s on the Bike Channel.
    KBK Sunday 28th and on Eurosport.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wonder who the bike channel commentary team is?

tang
    Free Member

Rob Hatch is one I think.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oooof, kinda expected that finish. I do wonder how tomorrow will go now all things considered..

I don’t want to add spoilers… 😕

rOcKeTdOg

Good cobbled season opener that, few crashes on a bone dry course too. I think there’ll be another inquiry as one team were missing

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

highlights on youtube posted by cycling news, but they very handily filled the video description with spoiler, so cover it up if you don’t know the result and are happy with 3 minutes of highlights. Looks like it was an exciting race.

butcher

Was a good race, watched it live with French commentary! Not as good as Stannard’s win last year, but a good powerful finish and a deserving winner.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Great result in the women’s Omloop.

slowoldman

Looks like Peter is continuing where he left off.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhhh, guess whats coming along tomorrow then..

Ey, Strade Bianche.

I can only see it on Eurosport at 1645 and looks like they’re only showing 45mins of it too, which frankly is shite.
    Doesn’t seem to be on the Bike channel either.

I will scout around, and I have checked multiple times to make sure it is tomorrow and the time on Eurosport. 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Road Classics starts this w/e, Um Yay!’ is closed to new replies.