Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Road brake pads
  • Shorty12
    Free Member

I’m needing new road brake pads and a friend had told me to get swissstop pads. I think I have the removable cartridge style so can I just get new pads and slip them in?

plus-one

Yes 🙂

Shorty12
    Free Member

Swissstop the best?

Philby

Kool Stop Salmons for the winter seem to be the pad d’jour.

benji
    Free Member

Swiss stops if you are feeling flush, got on very well with the BBB blue compound on alloy rims, work well in the wet, and a lot more wallet friendly pricing.

bigG
    Free Member

Swisstop FTW every time.

IanW
    Free Member

Wiggle lifeline and give the money you save to the out of work marketeers charity.

Shorty12
    Free Member

Worth a try at 5 pound for 2 pairs

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I opted for cheap Clarks pads last time I changed mine. Fine in the dry but shite in the wet. Really had to watch my speed compared with the stock Campag pads my groupset came with. Get the best you can afford, no point **** around with brakes.

plus-one

I’ve used these for years across my road/cx bikes and for the money spot on… Wear just as well as the big names ..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4Pairs-8pcs-Road-Brake-Pad-Inserts-for-Shimano-Dura-Ace-/200918692632?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2ec7aff318

Few compound choices too ..

IanW
    Free Member

I have the Wiggle pads on my commuter and Sunday best, honestly can’t tell the difference between them and the shimanos they replaced.

There perfect in the dry and no more crap than others in he wet.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I finally got some Koolstop salmons t’other day and they really are as good as folk say, particularly in the wet.

Wiggle seemed the best bet, just remember not to toe them in as normal as they have a cleaning fin on the rear edge. Good modulation, but a lot more bite than any pads I’ve used before.

Wiggly salmon

Shorty12
    Free Member

Those Salmons are out of stock but I guess I could order some spares for when they do come in.

eskay

Have you looked here:

http://www.discobrakes.com/

I run them on my cx and road bikes, incredible value and performance to match.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Road brake pads’ is closed to new replies.