Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Road bike wheels… On a budget
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run RS10s with Mich Krylions on the commuter and they’ve been fantastic. V. cheap but as easily as good as stuff twice the price.

dobo
    Free Member

my pro-lite merano are still true on my cx bike so i’ll recommend them

plop_pants
    Free Member

Campag Sciroccos. Mine have been fantastic. Really tough (done several Tour Of Flanders and Paris Roubaix cyclos on these). Never had to be trued or bearings replaced. Spin the wheels and they turn forever.

mboy
    Free Member

my pro-lite merano are still true on my cx bike so i’ll recommend them

Was thinking about these, as well as the Luciano’s, only none in stock anywhere! Seems the only wheelsets available for sale anywhere are either Shimano or Mavic, nothing else in stock anywhere!

edhornby

the 2009 fulcrum 5’s from merlin are 150 quid – on my brothers recommendation I got a set for my best bike, they are brilliant, spin up well and seem to hold speed and good stiffness

schwalbe ultremo for 20 quid (if you can stand the odd coloured ones) from planetx

mboy
    Free Member

the 2009 fulcrum 5’s from merlin are 150 quid

As with ANY wheelsets out there at the moment, other than shimano or Mavic, they’re only available with a campag freehub! If I was running campag, I’d have the whole world of choice. As it is, I don’t! 🙁

Radioman

I also have RS10s on My Specialized Roubaix road bike which does a lot of commuting with loads of potholes etc. After 2 years they are still running fine. Good wheels IMHO. I think they will outlast racier lighter ones. Cheap too!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Road bike wheels… On a budget’ is closed to new replies.