• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by tang.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Road bike Ultegra 11 speed/Miche cassette question.
  • xico
    Free Member

My road bike has a 10 speed Ultegra groupset with a 50/34 chainset and an11-30 cassette, which is perfect for me at my late age and in the hilly Pennines where I live. My new bike came with 11 speed and an Ultegra11-28 cassette. Unfortunately, Shimano don’t do an 11-30 in 11 speed, but have an 11-32  which requires a medium cage rear mech, both of which I don’t want or need!  My online research brought up a Miche 12-30 11 speed cassette. So, has anyone here any experience of Miche road cassettes please?

I know this is STW and someone will suggest I man up and use the 11-28, but at my age and with arthritic knees I would prefer serious comments, thanks.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I had a 9 speed Miche cassette on my road bike once. It was cheap compared to Shimano, and it was fine, a bit rougher shifting but fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

2 teeth…worth changing?

Pridds
    orangeboy
    Free Member

Have used a few of the miche campy cassettes and apart from being heavy they worked ok

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d lay a fiver on the shortcage working just fine with a 32.

Coz i seen it on youtubr

xico
    Free Member

I’d lay a fiver on the shortcage working just fine with a 32.

Coz i seen it on youtubr

Thanks, but everything I’ve read online on this suggests that it’s a risky approach.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Munqe Chick did 750 miles in 2 weeks in Italian Dolomites and Alps with a 32 on a short cage 105 11spd mech. Worked fine, though she is well trained enough to never cross chain big/big (“if you do it and snap your chain or mech I’m not stopping” focuses the mind 😉 ).

All 11spd road cassettes are the same width and spacing so you could also use Sram or Campag.

xico
    Free Member

Thanks, crashtestmonkey, you are absolutely correct, as I’ve tried it out with the bike on the work stand. However, I would hate to think of the consequences if, after a long and tiring ride, I inadvertently selected the 32t with the chainset still on the 50t

tang
    Free Member

Sling a wolf tooth road link on to be on the safe side?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Road bike Ultegra 11 speed/Miche cassette question.’ is closed to new replies.