Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Road bike spoke lengths
  • speaker2animals

Hi – tried some road forums and going direct to Planet X who supplied my bike – but so far with no luck.

My P-X Carbon Superlight came with Reynolds Alta Comp wheels. I need some new spokes for the back wheel. I can measure insitu but if anyone has the actual lengths I’d be grateful as I’d like to be accurate. My first attempt to buy spokes and fit myself.

Ta for any help.

I’d email Reynolds but can’t find an address and though there is quite a lot of technical support on their site it doesn’t seem to cover these wheels.

carlosg
    Free Member

info@reynoldscycling.com

click on contact from their homepage!

speaker2animals

I honestly could not find a CONTACT tab on the website, honest. Thanks for the spot.

Andy

unklebuck
    Free Member

Is the rear drive side?

I decided to replace all that side after snapping 4 in less than 10 rides, give me a minute and I’ll see if i can find the order. I found another had cracked at the threaded end when I was working on them.

Fronts and none drive side I don’t have a clue though. These are lighweight wheels that look good on paper but don’t seem to hold up too well.

unklebuck
    Free Member

Rear DS spokes are 274mm.

I ordered the replacments from JE James but it took them nearly two weeks to deliver an instock item! 🙁 I used Sapim race this time as the OEM ones didn’t fill me with confidence.

Also worth noting, If the freehub fails you can replace the spring with a campag/fulcrum one, takes a fair bit of hammering to get the freehub body off though.

speaker2animals

Hi Unklebuck – it is actually the none driveside that are failing. I have had 3 go in a year but last two in a couple months. I too don’t have much faith in them, especially as I am a porker. I’d really like some decent 32 spoke jobs but can’t afford until I get a job (if ever). Two of the three have gone at the thread which is the first time in 20 plus years of riding that spokes have failed there.

Thanks for your help. I’ll compare my measurement for the driveside that I have measured against you figure and see how close my measurement is. It may give me some confidence in my measurement for the spokes I need.

Cheers again.

Andy

wwaswas

I think p-x stocked some spare spokes for those at one point?

speaker2animals

They did but don’t anymore, or have sold out. And they can’t tell me the length, which seems bizarre. Neh!

speaker2animals

Got a quick reply from Reynolds today – if anyone else needs the info the front and none drive side rear are 274mm and drive side rear are 279mm.

Hurrah.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Road bike spoke lengths’ is closed to new replies.