Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road bike sizing
  • psycorp
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting a road bike again and mulling over sizing. I’m 6ft with longish arms. I had a Genesis equilibrium 56cm a couple of years ago and the bars always felt a little low. Would sizing up a new bike to a 58cm help with that?

I’m a little unfamiliar with road bike geometry so apologies if I’m comparing apples to oranges.

Cheers

wilburt
    Free Member

Get a 56cm….or a 58cm but a 56cm would be better.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve got a stunning Specialized Roubaix on Ebay right now that would fit you perfectly as it has a slightly higher handlebar position, but anyway there’s loads of adjustment possible. Size 56 is your size. Cost £2,200 new, now selling at £850.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272161228641?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

JoB
    Free Member

short answer – depends

long answer – manufacturers all size their bikes differently so someone’s 56 might be someone else’s 54 and someone else’s 58, add to that different manufacturers having different headtube lengths for the relative size which will have an effect on how low or high the bike feels, and then different models in the same manufacturers catalogue having different headtube lengths means there’s no hard and fast rules

the only proper answer is to go sit on a few different bikes and see what feels comfortable to you, and talk to the person in the shop that knows about these things

wilburt
    Free Member

then buy a 56

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road bike sizing’ is closed to new replies.