Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Road Bike Saddle Question
  • continuity
    Free Member

I have so far tried three road saddles, a Spec Romin (too wide), a Charge Knife (ok-ish) and a San Marco Concor.

The concor is by far the comfiest in shape and allows my legs to move freely (large quads from squatting) – but the support for the sit bones is just a bit narrow.

Any suggestions as to a similar shape but a little wider?

hora
    Free Member

Have you had your sitbones measured?

Adamo?

If you liked the Romin otherwise- what size was the one you had? Go a size down?

njee20
    Free Member

Which width of Romin?

CaptJon
    Free Member

what do you use on your other bike?

edhornby

I have a ragley cheeky (a mountain bike saddle!! shock horror) on my road bike, it’s a velo 1200 and is that perfect inbetween size and comfy for me

google the width sizes, if you find out the width of the knife then that should give you a good pointer to what works

Jamz
    Free Member

I googled San Marco Concor to see the shape and a few different saddles came up. If it’s the one I think it’ll be then you could have a look at a Fizik Antares. Fairly wide and flat at the rear but tapers quickly which I like a lot.

velosam
    Free Member

Worth finding a shop that does test saddles. I think on specialized ones you can buy one and then return it for something else if it doesn’t suit.

The charge spoons are quite rated so you may want to try that.

continuity
    Free Member

I have had a spoon and a knife and a henge on my mtb. I think the knife was closest.

I have a pretty flexible upper body. Admittedly the henge was a 155.

Maybe an arione Versus?

CaptJon
    Free Member

why not use the same one you have on your mtb?

garthmerenghi
    Free Member

Brooks cambium. It’s like you are being carried along by angels

antigee

velosam – Member
    Worth finding a shop that does test saddles. I think on specialized ones you can buy one and then return it for something else if it doesn’t suit.

The charge spoons are quite rated so you may want to try that.

mrs antigee did the specialized thing and worked well – was ok with her old saddle but very happy with new one

otherwise does seem like a lottery with expensive pain if get it wrong – recently swopped my CX/drop bar hybrid/adventure bike saddle as had literally worn out – went for a charge spoon – carefully measured my old (specialized) saddle and got it right but had a good starting place

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Road Bike Saddle Question’ is closed to new replies.