Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Road bike question?
  • scottpat06
    Free Member

Hello

Im a mountain bike threw and threw but have been given a loan of an old cannondale road bike. Im realy enjoying having two options. But i need to give the road bike back to its owner.
    Is it possible to get a good road bike that isnt as old as the hills for £200? Or am i being unrealistic?

donsimon
    Free Member

Yes.
    No.
    Decathlon.

scottpat06
    Free Member

Oh and any suggestion would be good too.

molgrips
    Free Member

All entry level road bikes are much the same. You will need to look second hand though I reckon.

globalti
    Free Member

I got an almost unused trade-in steel Peugeot from an LBS for £150. Just bide your time, ask around, scour the back pages of cycling magazines and something will turn up.

Nice on the road, isn’t it? I made the break 2 years ago after 22 years on the MTB sneering at roadies and I regret that I didn’t do it sooner.

slimjim78
    Free Member

dont throw your MTB!

I picked up a mint Cannondale road bike with full mint Shimano 105 for £300 on here just a few weeks ago. Its amazing what you can pick up for the money if you are willing to look at 10yo bikes and up your budget a tad.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

try cyclechat.net

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve got one for sale in the classifieds if you are interested.

scottpat06
    Free Member

Ive totally enjoyed the roads so far, its nice to see thing i would normaly just drive past and not even blink at.

Thank i’ll keep my eyes open for somthing.

anagallis_arvensis

The great thing about roadbikes is you could spend £400 on a brand new bike which would be more than capable of doing anything a £4000 bike would do. So second hand your budget should be fine, may just take some time.

scottpat06
    Free Member

Ill never give up the mtb just like a change now and then.

globalti
    Free Member

That was what I said……

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Road bike question?’ is closed to new replies.